Enigma2 box for iptv plug in

grahamer67

TK Veteran
My next door neighbour is after a type of box where he can watch movies and tv shows, he is also a big football fan, well he supports Ipswich so you have to feel sorry for him already, his son gave him an Android box last year with a sub for the sports channels but he really struggled as it was too technical for him, he is 78 years of age, he said he just ended up unplugging it and putting it away.
He noticed my dish and motor and he was asking me about how it worked, he was then telling me about his Android box, i showed him how the iptv player plug in worked on my zgemma and he was really into it as its so much easier than Terrarium or showbox, he has Talk Talk internet, basic package that his son and daughter pay for, so i was wondering what the cheapest enigma2 box would be for him to use that would work with Talk Talk in order for him to have the iptv player plug in, i wouldnt recommend an iptv service for him as it would probaly be too difficult for him, any ideas would be appreciated.

Maybe Zgemma Hs that he can have a sat connection for Sky FTA channels but it would only be a 1 tuner, I would avoid getting a Zgemma Star box as they are on the slow side H series have a bit more power.

Sorry for jumping in guys just a thought What about a h2s for if ever he wants to record one program and watch another as with 1 tuner you can only record what he's watching if wanting to record aswell on freeview

Get the Guy a MAG Box 322 or a Zgemma H9s Box and Install Extreme Editor on it for him. Easy as that...
He can then get access to everything easily and non Tech for him...

Get the Guy a MAG Box 322 or a Zgemma H9s Box and Install Extreme Editor on it for him. Easy as that...
He can then get access to everything easily and non Tech for him...

Don't need Xtreme editor on H9s if he or someone installs the QT stalker plugin works like a mag box emulator then.

Don't need Xtreme editor on H9s if he or someone installs the QT stalker plugin works like a mag box emulator then.
Agree, But is a little more Complex for a 78 Year OLD to then use with the Stalker Setup..

If the channels are in the Bouquet, Much easier and simple for then to use etc....

Agree, But is a little more Complex for a 78 Year OLD to then use with the Stalker Setup..

If the channels are in the Bouquet, Much easier and simple for then to use etc....
Thats the same as i was thinking, i showed him iptv plug in working and it seemed alot more easier for him to understand, i really think iptv will be a step too far at the minute, its mainly just movies and tv shows, particularly old movies, not ruling iptv out all together, but thinking one step at a time, he does have a few grandchildren, late teens and maybe into their twenties so they might help.

Found an old dreambox 800se hd in the loft that i forgot was there, i was wondering am i able to flash wooshbuild infinity onto this box from scratch as there is currently no build on it at all, if i can then i will try and install iptv player plug in aswell and then give it to my neighbour to use for his movies and tv shows plus free stations on sat.

I cant remember where i got the box and why it was put away, but i connected it up and its working, it has a newnigma image on it, it also has ts panel and ts media but they dont work, probaly outdated now.

If he already has an android box install STB-emu app on it for him and add an iptv sub. It emulates a mag box and should be easy for him to navigate

I would get him a mag 322 as very easy to setup .I have supplied these to a lot of older family members and never get any problems. Enigma 2 is too complicated and they are sure to have problems.

He has a son who lives about ten miles away, he is on holiday at the minute, but i will make a point of looking out for him the next time he is there and mention the options for him.

You can download a MAG emulator for the Android box (StbEmu) the free one and it behaves like a MAG Box Simples :-)

Back