Enigma2 with its authentic skins for IPTV but the option of using Kodi for my own Movies and TV Shows.

Some boxes also use subssupport and subsdownloader plugin. I can use it with xstreamity on my uno4k and can download external subtitles for vod.

I'm not sure what boxes have subssupport plugin.

OCTAGON SF8008 4K spec

Key Features:
- Hisilicon Hi3798MV200 Huawei
- Quad Core 64Bit (4x 1.6GHz) 15000 DMIPS
- Flash 8GB eMMC
- RAM 1GB DDR4
- Gigabit LAN Ethernet (1000Mbps)
- WiFi built in, 300Mbit, 2x WiFi antennas
- 4-digit 7-segment display
- Card reader
- DVB-S2X & DVB-C / T2 combo (2x tuner)
- HDMI 2.0a & USB 3.0
- MicroSD slot

Specifications:
- Enigma2 Linux OS operating system
- DVB-S2X 4K UHD & Multistream
- PIP HD & UHD (picture in picture)
- HDR 10bit & HLG
- blindscan (blind search)
- Kodi
- HbbTV
- Stalker
- HW multiboot
- ffmpeq HW Playback Support
- 2160P Media Playback H.264 and H.265 HEVC
- OTA updates
- PVR recordings (* optional)
- 0.5W stand-by

Front:
- Power button on / off button
- 4-digit 7-segment display
- LED display (red / blue)
- IR sensor (infrared receiver)

Rear:
- H.265 HEVC 4K UHD DVB-S2X tuner LNB input
- H.265 HEVC HD DVB-C / T2 tuner input
- Dolby S-PDIF
- AV - Audio Video Jack - Jack to RCA
- RS-232 socket (maintenance & service)
- WiFi 2x WiFi antennas
- HDMI 2.0a output
- USB 2.0 port
- Network Gigabit LAN (1000Mbps)
- MicroSD slot
- Recovery (Reset) button
- DC-12V power supply
- Power switch on / off

Right Side:
- USB 3.0 port
- Card reader (CA CARD)

Package Contents:
- Receiver OCTAGON SF8008
- Remote Control
- 2 x batteries
- Operating instructions (German & English)
- HDMI cable
- power supply (power supply) UK customers will receiver a FREE British Stanard Compliant UK Plug adapter

Tuner & demodulator:

- DVB-S2X: Silabs Si2166-D60 & RDA5815m
- DVB-C / T2: Altobeam ATBM7821

Others:
- Dimensions (LxDxH) 220mm x 125mm x 40mm
- EAN barcode 4260189994453
- Power supply (power supply) DC12V-2A

Some boxes also use subssupport and subsdownloader plugin. I can use it with xstreamity on my uno4k and can download external subtitles for vod.

I'm not sure what boxes have subssupport plugin.
Thats an interesting point re' vod and subs , my current iptv sub has a large vod content which I instructed my supplier to edit out because even though certain players claimed to support subtitles , ( cant remember which now, whether it was VLC or MXPlayer maybe , they wouldn't download subs unless the movie file was named in a certain way) . My own contenet is all renamed correctly using a media manager but I have no control over the providers VOD.

I know this is an old thread but I have had the exact same issue as I use the GDrive add-on for Kodi and open subtitles with incredible results but find enigma2 unreal for live TV with decent skins.

I think I have cracked it though... I have invested in a harmony elite remote, named the the Kodi instance on my server "Netflix" on the remote and the zgemma is named "skyQ". Now one press on the remote to flick between the two and they are both up and running in the background for whenever i need them. No messing about loading up logging in and out of apps and very simple for the family to understand.

Two devices that do their own thing perfectly rather than trying to get one device to do both. The remote control is the key and you would not know it was two devices while you use.

Back