EPG and skin set up help needed

Sunil237

I've got my box set up with a line and I followed bees guide, its working fine, this is just a request to help make the EPG and skin easier for my parents

I have an edition os mini with cable line

When I start up my box I have one skin, then when I change the channel I have another skin. I can press the down key to get to the first skin.
Is that normal?

If you can recommend any settings I can change or skins to try can you please drop me a comment. (tesbo suggested red HD as a VM lookalike, not been able to test yet)

I want to make using the box as simple as possible, my parents aren't too good getting used to new gadgets.

I'm new to this so thought I'd ask rather that mess around with loads of settings lol

If it's VM they're used to, none of the official skins are perfect but try red HD in the plugins to download. I've a combo so prefer 1080p bello. The wife still likes the sky look but tough! ;)

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, was having difficulties getting my EPG to work properly and all my channels were black screens, so took me a little while to set that straight.

Rebooting the box a few times in between changing settings soon fixed it lol

I've whacked on the Red HD skin for today, and will check out the other suggestions tomorrow.
Trying to get my head around the Single epg, multi, the epg guide and epg list... lol a bit overboard on the EPG's, but looking at Kiddac's post is helping me understand what's what.

PS. your skin looks really good Kiddac, I will give it a go tomorrow, I like how you've included a settings bit too

I used it on my Gemma my dad has it now and he's finding it user friendly too.

If having EPG issues you can set a zap timer to a preview channel when you're giving it zzzzzs

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

Think I figured out the epg issue I was having, also figured out a lot more of the simple controls.

Got a little curious about using play/pause, and recording.
I only have one tuner so not sure if I can play/pause (on cable)
I have 2 usb ports on my Edision OS Mini, so I have a few questions..
Can I set epg update to save to same USB as recording, and will it overwrite my recordings as space is needed?
If I can't use the same USB, can I select which USB to use to record to and which to save epg to?

Yes, you can play and pause with just one tuner, even rewind and fast forward (obviously only if you are behind live TV). Simply activate time shift under the system settings. Set it so it activates after 3 seconds. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A HDD OR EXT HDD CONNECTED BEFORE DOING THIS.
Time shift will fill up your flash memory fast, causing the box to soft brick and need a reflash.

Cool, I'll get myself a 500gb/1tb portable drive and stick it in the back port :) if I had to have 2 USBs I would have had to leave the front flap open (unless a tiny USB would have let it close)

Thanks AnotherDish... I would have ended up with a bricked device tomorrow if you didn't say that.

Bollo skin is amazing!! perfect to what I needed it for, very simple, elegant, easy to navigate, large, and has contrast. I'll recommend that to anyone

No problem matey. When you get the external HDD, use the storage setup in the system menu to get it formatted correctly for use with enugma2, then make sure to mount it as HDD under the mount manager in vix options. Then you are all set!

No problem matey. When you get the external HDD, use the storage setup in the system menu to get it formatted correctly for use with enugma2, then make sure to mount it as HDD under the mount manager in vix options. Then you are all set!

I set my epg to store on a pen drive that I formatted on my computer. I will redo it tomorrow on the box instead just incase, thanks

If I'm for it, I'm gonna have a play with all the settings tomorrow

Back