Epg/channel list problem any help appreciated

Hi all!

So have had my box a couple of months now, and generally am really happy with it. Apart from the odd crash here and there, the only problem Im really having is that every couple of days, all of a sudden all the paid channels are gone! Its a right headache, coz sometimes just a cross epg download will fix it, but recenly am having to scan autobouqets first, and then download crossepg to get them back. Really annoying me now, specially when it happens say when I've got a recording planned, because the programme doesnt record then. Any ideas/suggestions please guys will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Darren

P.S As I have just wrote this, I've noticed its happened again! I have changed to the Slyk Skin recently, and am using Sucmnsee's image

Last edited:
Are you saying the epg description has gone or the channel is gone. i.e just black. There was a bug flying around a few weeks ago that was wiping out tuner A. One of the quick fixes was to turn on DiscEqc in tuner configurarion for tuner A. This strangely fixed it. Try that and see if it fixes your problem.
You can also make sure recording is set to tuner B, rather than auto might also help. There will be a setting somewhere to change that, can't remember where it lives of the top of my head.

bloody headache eh?? I have the auto refresh on, every 24 hrs, so don't know what it is. The missus getting the right hump, saying she was better of with sly! I'm like NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, never better off with them! LOL

---------- Post Merged at 12:24 PM ----------

So when I load the epg, only free to air channels are there. No sly channels etc. I am having to scan the autobouqets, restart, and download cross epg to get em all back. Ok so i'll try those 2 things and report back. Any idea where settings are located?

---------- Post Merged at 01:03 PM ----------

Are you saying the epg description has gone or the channel is gone. i.e just black. There was a bug flying around a few weeks ago that was wiping out tuner A. One of the quick fixes was to turn on DiscEqc in tuner configurarion for tuner A. This strangely fixed it. Try that and see if it fixes your problem.
You can also make sure recording is set to tuner B, rather than auto might also help. There will be a setting somewhere to change that, can't remember where it lives of the top of my head.

hey again mate. so found the settings, and currently "preferred tuner" is auto, but "preerred tuner for recordings" is disabled! Ive now set it to tuner b, and enabled DiscEqc in tuner a. Also, "disable background scanning" is no, that correct?

thanks in advance

hey again Kiddac

So I changed those 2 settings, but unfortunately it really messed up my recordings. I was unable to record anything without the box glitching to hell! So I've changed them back to what they were for now(see above reply). Any other suggestions?Maybe turn on DiscEQC for A? Any more help appreciated

Back