WilloBuild EPG defaults to a random version of the channel (Last scanned)

An irritant and sure its a setting I have not changed or have (when I shouldn't) but the default setup (reinstalled a few times) does it for me too.

I have SKY setup (Central Mids) and TV on my H7 box. Not Freesat. I have a single bouquet for all the channels together not in groups. So if I hit the TV button, I will see Sky, then TV then IPTV. Not Sky, Entertainment, Movies....

At various times, if I come back to the box and press TV or EPG etc, the channel that is playing may be BBC1 but it is channel 2730 (or whatever) and the channels above and below in the guide are also BBC1, but the different regions.

What I am expecting is what always used to happen and its 101 with 102 (BBC2) below it.

What did I do wrong? Sure its a bouquet setup I have wrong but can't quite figure it out, and its not immediately obvious so difficult to change and test. Might not do it for 12 hours.

Hoping it is familiar to someone?

EG Just now I turn the box on, press EPG and get to this screen
1686233485875.png

If I press TV it is already on the "Last Scanned" section
1686233536194.png

PS I want to retain Favourites so another feedback I have seen to turn off the non ABM bouquets isn't the solution I don't think?

Channel numbers in Enigma2 are cumulative. The EPG coding was not intended as the primary channel selection method. It will feed off the channel selection code.

Stay off the EPG button at first, press up (next to OK), select the bouquet, then the channel you want. Once that has got itself in sequence, pressing the EPG button will open up in the bouquet you last selected.

I am guessing that when the box selects iepg channel for OpenTV EPG, it is using the last scanned bouquet. This is what is causing the issue.

You could also enable alternative numbering. Every bouquet will start at 1 though.

In ABM config change 'Keep all non-ABM bouquets' to 'no' and save.
When you exit you will see a 'Keep Bouquets' section. Just check all the IPTV bouquets and save.

When you scan it will get rid of the all channels bouquet.

You can also set the box to always start up on a particular channel if you want.

Just press the down button (under OK) to bring up the channel selection screen.

Highlight the channel you want to start up on and press MENU > Set as startup service.

Back