EPG gaps?

scorpio72

Got a bit of advice about this on another thread so decided to start a new thread to hopefully solve my problem. I just got a cloud ibox 2 plus installed, bought it from a guy who set it up, running open pli. Delighted with the box so far apart from the EPG. There's fairly big gaps in the listing. For example the only listing I have at the moment in sports are sky sports news, sky sports 1 and eurosport 2,everything else is blank. Any ways of fixing this?
My satellite signal stays around 70%,is this the reason for the gaps??

You may need to download EPG for the first time mate, try the following. But also read through this forum, loads of helpful posts, and make sure your box is set up properly to store EPG (for eg you will need a usb to store EPG regularly). Also, if you sitch off at mains at night it will not retain EPG unless you choose 'Deep standby' before pulling plug.

Menu
Setup
System
EPG
Cross EPG
Download Now

Sorry mate, just noticed you are running openpli. I don't run that image and not sure I can be of much help, but have you scanned Astra 28.2E? You may want to try one of the VIX images in the download section from Sucmnsee (which are clone safe images)

Weres the download section?Is that hard to do?Im new to this so dont want to brick the box or mess it up.
Its a strange one cos sometimes the EPG is fuller than other times,thats why I thought it was the satellite signal. EPG yesterday had more gaps then today.

dont be grabbing images wait till your told what to use as your box is a clone and cant use original images only patched.

Guys,still have lots of gaps on my EPG. Box is never turned off at night and I'm not confident enough to try other images! Is there anything else that a novice like me could do to fix this?Or has anyone got a step by step guide to try that image above??

How many % are empty? If its about 5 % then just select each of those channels once. Wont need to again.

Have u usb set up (fully) with epg saving to it And set nightly?

I have a problem with my EPG as well but on my ZGemma box, I seem to be getting the same program showing on 75% of my channels. But then when I select the channel the information bar that shows along the bottom displays the correct program information.

Sorry for hitch hiking your post.

should have said I'd tried the above... Found a post on here though, ftp the box then deleted the cross epg folder from the hdd, then rebooted the box and it's sorted now

How many % are empty? If its about 5 % then just select each of those channels once. Wont need to again.

Have u usb set up (fully) with epg saving to it And set nightly?
I've only got about 2%! EPG is mostly blank, doesn't give listing. It's set up to save to USB, scheduled download 4am every day. This is the worst it's been, normally have quite a few channels. I don't turn it off at the mains at night, just put it into standby.

I wouldnt even bother with standby. Doesnt do much.

Is the usb initialised and all with mount set up?
If so Id just go for another image already set up. As long as you have your line saved somewhere. Not that complicated to flash. Just put file on usb, turn off box. Insert and turn on. Then it should flash.

Honestly, I haven't a clue how to do any of that! I just bought this box a few months ago from a guy, it was all set up when I got it so I don't know how to put in new lines. Basically, I contact him when my sub runs out and pay him for another years viewing. Though I would be interested in learning how to do all that you mentioned, is there a beginners guide??!!
In relation to the EPG, I know the channels I want to watch, mostly sports and it has the same channel numbers as Sky, so it's easy to navigate. Just wondering why I had gaps. I forced EPG reload and it filled in a few gaps.

It coukd be the settings in epg. Could be corrupted files in crossepg folder. Could be corrupted epg.dat. but if you dont fancy fiddling unfortunately no way to fix dude. Not pushing you to, just saying.
try no standby tonight and see what happens...

---------- Post Merged at 09:28 PM ----------

To sort the boxlines urself all you need is a little free program on pc called dreambox control centre. You buy a line and send it to the box from pc. Anything from 40-100 for year depending who you go with.
But if u are really stumped by all tech maybe best leaving alone ;)

Thanks for your help, appreciate it. Yeah, I'll probably just leave it, I can navigate the EPG fine. Pity not all listings are there. I'll not put it on standby tonight and see what happens.

I'll wait til this sub runs out but I might have a go at putting in my own line. Is there a possibility I could brick the box & mess it up? If so, I might leave it. The guy I got the box from charges €70 for a year's sub which is not bad and it only freezes occasionally. No freezing at all tonight.

Back