EPG issue

willmoore

Recently purchased an Openbox and I have just updated my EPG for first time - not quite sure what i am doing but followed instructions from another thread.
This

all i done was attached a HDD (for recording) and then > EPG and time > changed it too " internet XMLTV " then XMLTV Setting > then red to update and you can also change to auto update, not sure if this is the correct way to do it but all working here

Most stations on the EPG are working fine but some have no info at all. I have re-done the update but still no joy. Also in STATUS column it says 'Need update' despite it being up to date.
I have missed something ?

Last edited:
Some channels need a while to come through This is normal Also in a few channels the sd version has nothing but the hd version works ie Bt spports make sure you leave usb in the box for it to work

Correct :)

Recently purchased an Openbox and I have just updated my EPG for first time - not quite sure what i am doing but followed instructions from another thread.
This

all i done was attached a HDD (for recording) and then > EPG and time > changed it too " internet XMLTV " then XMLTV Setting > then red to update and you can also change to auto update, not sure if this is the correct way to do it but all working here

Most stations on the EPG are working fine but some have no info at all. I have re-done the update but still no joy. Also in STATUS column it says 'Need update' despite it being up to date.
I have missed something ?

Yes this is the correct way you have done it, its pretty straight forward not been using them long my self, the EPG is a right pain on these though with some channels not working, seems to be a couple of movie channels..

All in all a not bad box for the price.

Some channels need a while to come through This is normal Also in a few channels the sd version has nothing but the hd version works ie Bt spports make sure you leave usb in the box for it to work

Thanks but 24hrs on it's still the same - ITV(HD) being the main one, although ITV+1(SD) is okay. Shame as otherwise very good.

When you press EPG if you Go down you should have regional you can swap itv had for your regional

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hd for your regional if it ok. I phones playing up with big fingers

After pressing the RED button to update XMLTV i get the following message " EPG Decompress Failed! Please Check Disk Free Volum" ... any suggestions as to what I should do now?

i have two of these boxes and they both have the same problem. i formatted fat32 fat16 ntfs but none of them work i also tried different pen drives

After pressing the RED button to update XMLTV i get the following message " EPG Decompress Failed! Please Check Disk Free Volum" ... any suggestions as to what I should do now?

What size USB are you using? I'm new to this so could be wrong, but the error you give seems to be suggesting it is out of space on the USB stick?

That could be the issue. I imagine that it has to be a "dedicated" drive for the EPG. My Openbox V8 has 2 USB slots, one at the front and one at the back, if yours does try putting a USB stick in one of them and using that for the EPG.

I use a Seagate external hard drive. I t works for recording programs and timeshift. I have not formatted as I have other info stored but I'm guessing that it is working correctly.

---------- Post Merged at 11:04 AM ----------

According to PVR Storage Information the Free Size: is 412.36G byte. However it does say that the File System: is NTFS. Is this the problem?

That's your problem then mate. Get yourself a cheap USB pen and format it to FAT32, NTFS is a different file system.

It is, but you will lose all your data on it. Also, FAT32 file system has a maximum file size of 2GB, so it will not recognise any single file over that limit.

Also, if you are storing documents / pictures you do not really want to use FAT32.

Yes but it will erase everything that is on there you may also need a different programme to format a larger drive HP do 1 google it would give you a link but at work at moment

Thanks for comments but creates more questions... will the max size of an individual file, 2GB, on FAT32 stop me recording a movie?

Back