EPG Lists.Can't get it to work

haystax

I have followed instructions as to download EPG list onto openbox f5s,Once downloaded it states failed to compress and check disk space or summat like.Have used 2 different usb sticks both the same outcome.Any help would be appreciated .Thanx

same here new download for f5s or v8 dated 19/05/2015 does not work anymore,we need a new update.

Updated my XMLTV EPG today on my V6 with no problems.

haystax...what firmware version are you running?

Bear in mind that the new F5s firmware for the XMLTV EPG fix has the "1 hour" bug.

if you are running a f5s then even if you update the firmware to the latest it still will not work. new firmware is dated 19/05/2015.

Hi kremmen what is the 1 hour bug as the f5s does not work with the latest firmware or the v8.

f5s and v8 was working with the latest firmware and epg fix but not anymore. Don't no about any other box v6 etc.

The "summer time" or "1 hour" bug means that, although the time is shown as correct in the EPG, the programme listed is 1 hour out (can't remember now if it shows the programme details that was on an hour previously, or the programme details that will be on in an hour's time).

My F5s worked with the 19/5/15 firmware when it was released, but I haven't used that box for a while. I will check later if it still updates.

Also my V6, which uses the same firmware as the V8, is working fine for me.

Firmware 3601HD_10_14_2014_0670.Error Msg EPG Decompress Failed Please Check Disk Free Vol..

XMLTV definately won't work with that firmware.

If you want to try the latest firmware (it's been posted on the forums a few times) then follow this:-

Download firmware. Use Winrar or any other similar program to unpack it. Put it on a USB memory stick.

Insert memory stick into Skybox/Openbox. Go to Menu > tools > upgrade by USB. Upgrade mode = Image File (*.abs).

Select your image in "upgrade file" box (if you have more than 1 image on the memory stick). "Keeping DBS & setting" = yes. Scroll to "Start" & press OK.

Although it should keep all your important settings, make sure your gift is already backed up to your pc or USB stick first.

I can't seem to find a link to download the firmware.All I have seen is early versions,not the latest..

First post in this thread:-

http://www.techkings.org/skybox-f3-f5-f6/70570-f3s-f5s-150519-fixed-bug-epg-xmltv-download.html

@chuckles53...just booted up my F5s. XMLTV EPG updated OK (apart from the 1 hour bug mentioned above of course...Watch TV is currently showing Real Rescues, but the EPG is displaying One Born Every Minute, which was actually on an hour ago).

Last edited:
Back