EPG Not Loading

Hi, I've been using the fantastic WooshBuild v2 - however, after about a week my EPG appears to have stopped automatically updating. The Freeview channels ( BBC's / ITV's etc ) have had their EPG updated - but the premium channels haven't. They just appear completely blank.

If I navigate to a channel and go full screen, the EPG will then update - but only for that channel.

I've done a reflash of the box, but hit the exact same problem.

Has anyone else had this problem or have any other ideas?

I've never used WooshBuild But I assume that its not much different from the other builds for zgemma.

for 7 day epg for cable do this:

Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Settings > Enable Virgin EPG: yes
Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Cross EPG > Update rytec providers
Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Cross EPG > XMLTV Providers > Rytec Virgin UK XMLTV > click yellow to download *Wait for it to finish* > Click okay on Rytec Virgin UK XMLTV (Green tick should appear) then hit green to save
Menu > Setup > System > EPG > XMLTV-Importer > Press Blue for Sources > Scroll to Rytec Virgin UK XMLTV Okay *Green tick will appear* > Press green to save
Menu > Setup > System > EPG > XMLTV-Importer > Press Yellow for Manual > then Yes.
Menu > Setup > System > EPG > XMLTV-Importer > change Daily automatically import to enabled and then choose the auto start time.
That should keep epg updated.

Hi, I've been using the fantastic WooshBuild v2 - however, after about a week my EPG appears to have stopped automatically updating. The Freeview channels ( BBC's / ITV's etc ) have had their EPG updated - but the premium channels haven't. They just appear completely blank.

If I navigate to a channel and go full screen, the EPG will then update - but only for that channel.

I've done a reflash of the box, but hit the exact same problem.

Has anyone else had this problem or have any other ideas?

Can you confirm for me that I have turned on auto updates.

Menu -> Setup -> CrossEPG -> Configure

Then look at Scheduled download - I am hoping it says "Once a day". If not, please set it to once a day and then set the time to about 4am. Then shout really loudly at me as I need to update the instructions.

Press the red button (Back)

Then scroll down until you see Download now, and select that. When that has finished check your EPG.

Yes it's definitely set to auto download and the box is kept in standby overnight. I think this could be a HDD issue after a previous flash - I'm going to completely format the drive and start again to see if that helps.

Yes it's definitely set to auto download and the box is kept in standby overnight. I think this could be a HDD issue after a previous flash - I'm going to completely format the drive and start again to see if that helps.
OK, let us know how you get on :-)

I've just reformated the drive and hit download now on Cross EPG - BBC 1, BB2, UTV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 all have an EPG that only runs to 3pm today so about 5.5 hours or so - the remaining channels on page one ( from Sky 1 to Sky Atlantic ) are blank.

Btw - this is following the Wooshbuild instructions step by step to make sure I havent missed anything.

---------- Post Merged at 10:40 AM ----------

This may be related - I have a problem with Tuner A on my box losing power ( and therefore having no signal ) - so I have Tuner A disabled on my box and my single line comes through tuner B - would that cause an issue?

I've just reformated the drive and hit download now on Cross EPG - BBC 1, BB2, UTV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 all have an EPG that only runs to 3pm today so about 5.5 hours or so - the remaining channels on page one ( from Sky 1 to Sky Atlantic ) are blank.

Btw - this is following the Wooshbuild instructions step by step to make sure I havent missed anything.

---------- Post Merged at 10:40 AM ----------

This may be related - I have a problem with Tuner A on my box losing power ( and therefore having no signal ) - so I have Tuner A disabled on my box and my single line comes through tuner B - would that cause an issue?

To cut a long story short - your Tuner A not being configured seems to be causing the problem.

The long story is that with both my tuners enabled I can download the EPG as and when I want to. If I set tuner A to not configured I can no longer download the EPG. The second I enable tuner A, crossEPG then works as it should again. Even after setting my preferred tuner to B, crossEPG still wont read.

Attachments

• 1_0_19_1B1D_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0 (5).jpg
    1_0_19_1B1D_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0 (5).jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 683
Thanks for the reply - finally got to the route of the problem. Do you know if there is anyway around getting the EPG to update from Tuner B?

Thanks for all the replies Wooshman - much appreciated!

That was my hope when I changed my preferred tuner to B but it still said no. One thing I didn't try was rebooting, but I doubt it will make any difference.

Stupid question but have you swapped cables round on A and B connections on the back?

The other option is to install xmltv-import, using kiddac's guide if needed, and see if that will work without tuner A.

I only have one feed so I can only have my line going into B - as A keeps losing power. I think ill have to get onto the supplier and see if I can get the box replaced.

Thanks again.

Had same problem with woosham build on my zgemma h2s built with single cable, epg not updating ,fitted second cable this morning after reading comments . And yes it works , apart from that congats to woosham for a very good and stable build.

Back