Error unmount: can't unmount /media/hdd.....

deejayh

Hi all,

Had an issue with my hard drive, mounted as media/hdd/ and thought I had lost everything (3GB hard drive!)
I'm running Zgemma H7c with VIx
I have been using a USB for.last week or more and have now decided to get my hard drive backup.
Set again as media/hdd everything seemed ok until it I got this:
IMG_20200329_151615.jpg

what are you trying to do when this error appears?

try removing the usb stick and restarting the box, (restart NOT restart gui) and then see if the hdd has correct mount, if so you can then insert the usb stick if needed.

USB sticks are meant to be hot swappable. However, If USB device has been mounted as HDD, I would put receiver in deep standby before removing the USB stick

I have a usb working with no issues.
The hard drive, 3TB, which has the problem! This has all the film's and recoded shows on, which is the problem. This was originally setup as media/hdd, but when I try to set it up as media/hdd now it comes up with that problem:

Is the USB stick mounted as media/hdd? If it is plug it back in boot box and disable timeshift and swap file if used. Power off box plug in hdd then power on and see if you can re mount hdd

If using swap file no need to enable it. I'm not sure if anything else constantly uses media/hdd

Is the USB stick mounted as media/hdd? If it is plug it back in boot box and disable timeshift and swap file if used. Power off box plug in hdd then power on and see if you can re mount hdd

If using swap file no need to enable it. I'm not sure if anything else constantly uses media/hdd

Why would people be still using swapfile on faster better boxes?
I would also ask if you have 2 storage devices in box usb and hdd and post up a photo of storage devices correctly named and sized.

I had a very similar issue with internal Hard drive on H7s with the same message that sent me back and forth mounting etc, fixed it with a fresh flash of vix which sorted it!
You have to be vigilant as to the destination HDD/MEDIA

Thanks guys for all your input! (y)

I have rebooted adjusted rebooted a few more times and have now sorted it(y):ROFLMAO:

I think that is:sleep::ROFLMAO:

Some great input - this is what makes this forum - helping each other out!(y):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks all

I dismounted the drive and USB, rebooted (removed USB) and then mounted the hard drive, which accepted the mount this time!

Hopefully that will have sorted it! (y)
The swap file mount took a few reboots, but it's still active, pressing the green button to deactivate does nothing!
So I have got 256.MB residing on /media/hdd/swapfile
Cannot stop it:fearful::fearful:

I dismounted the drive and USB, rebooted (removed USB) and then mounted the hard drive, which accepted the mount this time!

Hopefully that will have sorted it! (y)
The swap file mount took a few reboots, but it's still active, pressing the green button to deactivate does nothing!
So I have got 256.MB residing on /media/hdd/swapfile
Cannot stop it:fearful::fearful:
It doesn't hurt to have a swap file even if the box is fast enough to do without, but in my opinion having a USB as well as Hdd is not really necessary!

I liked the idea of both as i could use usb for my epg and the hdd for recordings.
I think the idea is good! But when I first had the H7s I did use a 8gb with 1TB internal hdd one for that, starting getting error messages so removed it!

That long ago since i used swapfile did you press the save button after you tried to stop it?

There is no Save option!!
Options are:
Close; AutoStart, Deactivate, Delete

I have stopped the Enable Swop at Startup, but the Deactivate or Delete will not STOP the Swap - it is always Active (Green!)

There is no Save option!!
Options are:
Close; AutoStart, Deactivate, Delete

I have stopped the Enable Swop at Startup, but the Deactivate or Delete will not STOP the Swap - it is always Active (Green!)
I would personally flash it again with Vix and ignore that bit, and just use the HDD for recording/timeshift/EPG you don't have to format or initialise just mount to MEDIA/HDD

Back