Essex Jungle prog starting on 20th April channel 5

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
I have just found out that there is a new programme starting on Channel 5 (UK) next week called ESSEX JUNGLE
Documentary series profiling the people who sell, own and rescue interesting pets. From crocodiles in Romford to tarantulas in Thurrock, boa constrictors in Billericay to carpet pythons in Southend, there are more reptiles and exotic animals kept as domestic pets in Essex than there are cats and dogs. An aggressive boa constrictor is rescued, pet-shop owner Rob feeds his rattlesnakes, and a bearded dragon looks for a mate.
I cant set it up to record on my VM box until the day ( or day before) it starts, so will have to put a reminder on my phone!
hope some of you guys get to watch as it might teaach you a little more about reps and while people like me keep them :)

Last edited:
well i have jsut watched this programme and was absolutely disgusted at one of the rescues that DWARF took in. someone rang him and said that they had an aggressive female beardie - mmm beardies are NOT usually that agressive. Anyways when DWARF ( Dangerous Wild Animal Rescue Facility) took the dragon and tank off the owner he was disgusted with what he saw. Not only was the tank absolutly disgusting stale faeaces that looked like they had been there for weeks, no UV lamp a red heat lamp usually used for snakes as it gives off no light and the poor lizard was emaciated - so had not been fed for weeks looking at the state of it. IF the poor thing had been agressive well then its cos they had not been feeding it. Poor thing looked close to death. WHY do people do this spend all that money on an animal and its set up - beardies are not cheap and then either cant be bothered or cant afford to feed it. UNREAL!
No beardies are NOT cheap to look after they need veggies and live foods @ around £2.50 per pot and about 2 pots per week , still less than a pint i believe!!!

i must confess i was crying watching it it made me feel sick!
But the rest of the programme was rather interesting!!

ok part 2 was on last night and for those that missed either its on youtube [YOUTUBE]NNVp8Sng0M8[/YOUTUBE] pt 1 [YOUTUBE]8C4Swr-TfJo[/YOUTUBE] pt 2

Back