ET8500 QUAD TUNER Et8500 no picture

Carteman

Hi all got home today and nothing on the tv, the box is working but seems there must be a problem with the hdmi port as nothing coming through to the tv. Tried another box and works fine so not the cable.
Rebooted it all goes through all the motions on the display screen and changes channel and everything it should do just not transferring it to the tv. Any fix for this fellas.

I hope you were not inserting/removing cables while units are powered on.

Go into webif and check hdmi settings are correct.

Have you tried the box on a different TV? Just for some odd conflict problem.

It does sound like an internal component from your description, I dont suppose it's still in warranty?

Last thing I can think of off hand would be to try a reflash in case a driver for HDMI component somehow got deleted.

I plug in and out cables all the time Cacti

Last edited:
No left it last night was working fine. No longer in warranty unfortunately and have tried it on another tv different cables still no good. Will give it a reflash the weekend see if that sorts it.

Yea can do screenshots and got the front panel cloning what’s on. Like I said it’s all working just not sending it through the hdmi. Do you know where I’d check hdmi setting in webif.

Yea can do screenshots and got the front panel cloning what’s on. Like I said it’s all working just not sending it through the hdmi. Do you know where I’d check hdmi setting in webif.
on the virtual remote use menu setup, then audio video settings you can check there,

Yea checked that all seems fine. So I’ll flash another image see what happens. If no good then I guess it’s foooked.

Yea checked that all seems fine. So I’ll flash another image see what happens. If no good then I guess it’s foooked.
I was searching for pic of the box remote, I noticed there's a V-key , video display mode recall. 3rd from bottom on right side of remote, try pressing that, see does it restore video

Back