Ethernet adaptor for fire stick

Rodduz

Anybody any experience using one of these? Bought it so can have a wired connection on a fire stick in the attic using powerline adapters. When stick the ethernet into this adapter the ethernet light on powerline adapter doesn't light up?!IMG_20200107_103821_359.jpg

You would be better with the official ethanet adaptor for £13 from amazon mate

I don't mind buying that yes, couldn't find one. Obviously didn't look hard enough. But it is going to work with the setup using powerline adapters yes?

Cheers

I think they're synced. Didn't do anything out of the box they just worked when plugged into the SMART TV up there. Soon as I take the ethernet cable out of the TV the ethernet light on powerline plug goes out and doesn't come back on when plugged into the adapter?!

I have two of these and have no problems and had none

the light on the power line is just for data going through

is the firestick setup? As you need to setup WiFi and all before hand to work

Very strange. I've just bought the official one.

Could it have anything to do with the fact I'm using a network switch out the back of the router which is a gigabit and this adapter is 10/100 bit?

I have changed my router settings to fast from gigabit but get the same no joy?

Are you powering the firestick from USB on TV,?
It may not be getting enough power to drive the stick and adapter.

No, from the wall

Try a process of elimination. For example. Try the firestick connected to directly to your router, it may be a dodgy ethernet adapter.
Tried the stick downstairs using ethernet directly from the router and still the same, nothing. Should the wired connection detect automatically on the stick? I go into network and it shows disconnected. Options to connect to wireless networks but cant see anything about setting up wired connection on screen. Is it all automatic? Thanks

Tried the stick downstairs using ethernet directly from the router and still the same, nothing. Should the wired connection detect automatically on the stick? I go into network and it shows disconnected. Options to connect to wireless networks but cant see anything about setting up wired connection on screen. Is it all automatic? Thanks
What firestick is it as ethanet adaptors only works on 2nd gen and 4k ones

I Tried one similar to the one you're showing with the same result using TP link power lines with the same results as you are getting,in the end I bought the official Amazon 4k ethernet adapter ran a ethernet cable out from my study down into the living room to the Firestick and it automatically detected it and worked flawless ever since.I was disappointed with the unofficial adapter whether it was a faulty one or it just didn't like power lines I'm not sure I tried all things even running a 15 meter ethernet cable downstairs but the same result couldn't be ars*d to send it back just binned it and got the Amazon one

No idea. Any way of finding out without the box?

Just had a Google. It's a 1st gen!ffs! Lol

Googled and I have a 1st gen stick up there. Doh!

Back