Ethernet adaptor for fire stick

Bought 2nd gen one, just gone to set it up and same issue. No light on powerline adapter to say theres a connection and only wireless connections available in network settings ffs!

H
Bought 2nd gen one, just gone to set it up and same issue. No light on powerline adapter to say theres a connection and only wireless connections available in network settings ffs!
Ave you the official amazon one try different ethanet cable

H

Ave you the official amazon one try different ethanet cable

Official fire stick? As far as I know yeah, came in the usual orange box. The cable works fine as when I pop it out and put it directly on the the smart tv it's all good

Read that thread and not sure any of it is relevant to my scenario. I'm not using an extension lead etc. I've just bought the ugreen adapter to see if that works instead.

I bought the fire stick off ebay and it came with a 2 pin plug, take it, it's a foreign edition one? It's definitely 2nd gen. Would that make any difference to it's support for ethernet adapter?

Read that thread and not sure any of it is relevant to my scenario. I'm not using an extension lead etc. I've just bought the ugreen adapter to see if that works instead.

I bought the fire stick off ebay and it came with a 2 pin plug, take it, it's a foreign edition one? It's definitely 2nd gen. Would that make any difference to it's support for ethernet adapter?
I bought one of eBay 4k 2 Nd generation it had the euro plug on, no problems it works with ethernet adaptor (Amazon official one) all good!

I bought one of eBay 4k 2 Nd generation it had the euro plug on, no problems it works with ethernet adaptor (Amazon official one) all good!

Good to know it's not that then. I'll try the ugreen one I have on order, I wanted that one as it has the lights on it to indicate data transfer so I can see if it's getting any or not.

Since having the 2nd gen stick the wireless on it up the attic is absolutely fine! Must have better wifi on?

Resolution that fixed this was the uGreen ethernet adapter worked fine first time. Either the cheap Ebay one was a dud or the stick didnt like it.

Thanks all for the help

Resolution that fixed this was the uGreen ethernet adapter worked fine first time. Either the cheap Ebay one was a dud or the stick didnt like it.

Thanks all for the help
Glad it's sorted,goes to show that cheapest isn't always the answer..(y)

Back