Eufy 2K Video Battery Doorbell with HomeBase 2 16GB Local Storage

HiTecK

Administrator
Staff member
Amazon have increased their Ring monthly subscription from £3.49 to £4.99 last week to store videos on their server. I personally think it's too expensive now so just bought this set up given it's got £40.00 reduction likely aimed at taking Amazon's customer inline with the increase.

No monthly payments! Got to be better than a neverending subscription. It'll pay for itself in no time.

https://amzn.to/487MikM

51cEsL90jzL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Have you got it installed yet?

I got a ring doorbell in 2018 but returned it for a nest hello due to the massive delay when trying to see who's at the door, nest wasn't too bad as it's £100 per year for 5 devices ( I have 4)

Not yet, I'll be doing it one night this week when it arrives. Only just ordered it.
I find my Ring has quite the delay when people pass by my front door. About 30 seconds or there abouts. I'll report back once installed and working for a few days.

They have a history of not being good for security. Anker had a few security breaches and also uploaded customers footage to a cloud where it was able to be accessed by other users when customers selected the option to use local storage only
Eufy doorbell

Yea I had heard but looks like they've fixed the issue now. Not particularly bothered about my front door. If it was a camera in my house I'd think twice.

I use the eufy door bell and the quality of video and audio is excellent as for security there has been a few software updates to solve these problems

I have 2 of their cameras and a homebase, they work brilliantly, battery life is really good as well.

My issue with the security breaches weren't the fact that they happened as it happens to every company. It's the fact they tried to lie and cover it up which would lead me not to trust anything from the company. But I agree if the quality is good and its just for front door it could be a good option

We have 3 Eufy cameras and homebase, tbh there is quite a lapse between activation sometimes enough for someone to nick the camera before it records it, they work for us though as they flash and serve as a deterrent

Can you upgrade the storage on the homebases? (like add extra memory) , there is a homebase 1 and 2, whats the difference?

I've got a ring doorbell and camera, think I'm gonna pay for a year before the price goes up, but then maybe change to something else after that.

Can you upgrade the storage on the homebases? (like add extra memory) , there is a homebase 1 and 2, whats the difference?

I've got a ring doorbell and camera, think I'm gonna pay for a year before the price goes up, but then maybe change to something else after that.
Built in storage on mine 16 GB , for it to work properly you have format and restart quite regularly!

16gb doesn't seem that much for recording live video?

How much footage does that store?
Unsure but it records 60 seconds at a time, I think it records over if you don't intervene.
Mine are security cameras not doorbell!

i've got the homebase 3 with a 4TB SSD installed

i've got the homebase 3 with a 4TB SSD installed
I think I will have to update mine, but might move away from Eufy! The storage is ample for numerous clips but sometimes it doesn't register unless you do very regular maintenance!

I just picked up this Camera from Amazon for £29 notes + 128 sd card. So far so good. Picked this one as it works great on 5ghz. Free app for phone and Web app for tv.... Paul
ARENTI 2.5K/4MP Security Camera Outdoor, 2.4GHz/5GHz Home Security Wifi Camera,Motion Detection,Smart Night Vision,Sound/Light Alarm, Automatic Tracking, 2-Way Audio CCTV Camera https://amzn.eu/d/a70GPRL

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240212_210457_com.arenti.smartlife.jpg
    Screenshot_20240212_210457_com.arenti.smartlife.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Screenshot_20240212_200233_Google.jpg

16gb doesn't seem that much for recording live video?

How much footage does that store?

That's a fair bit of storage if you're using it for your doors?

Not sure on the storage upgrade capabilities. It has microSD slot according to the description above. Can't confirm as I've no need to upgrade mine.

View attachment 99436

That's a fair bit of storage if you're using it for your doors?
Not sure on the storage upgrade capabilities. It has microSD slot according to the description above. Can't confirm as I've no need to upgrade mine.
Mine has built in 16gb there is no SD slot it is built in! I have 3 cameras and it copes with all motion sensor short recordings, the only downside is the lapse between motion and recording plus the need for regular maintenance, formatting and restarting etc

I'll know more when I get round to fitting it. It's still boxed 😆. Thanks for the info @Toddy2

I was looking at the reviews on there and the video quality seems really good from what people post. Is yours decent? I personally think the Ring doorbell is poor.

I'll know more when I get round to fitting it. It's still boxed 😆. Thanks for the info @Toddy2

I was looking at the reviews on there and the video quality seems really good from what people post. Is yours decent? I personally think the Ring doorbell is poor.
The quality is good, battery life 6 months I usually charge them in situ! The lapse can be annoying! Sometimes I get the postman coming up the path but mostly on the way back.
They are quality made,I drilled the bottom part of the facia and bolted the camera fixings to them. We have had ours over 3 years now and we're cheap on a Black Friday deal Amazon

Back