Everyday use?

I use mine for watching sport/PPV. Previously I used it every day for all TV viewing, but the wife and kids got fed up and made me get Sky. The only reason they got fed up is because they wanted recording, Sky epg etc. I would use IPTV for everything myself, just don't expect 100% service all the time, even Sky can't give me that.

I can't understand why anyone would use IPTV for everything.
Watching news and soaps and daytime TV via IPTV?
Get a cable or sat line and freeview/freesat and use iptv for what it was intended for - premium channels like sport / movies / ppv and 3pms, can't see the point in streaming Eastenders and news at ten

Get a cable or sat line and freeview/freesat and use iptv for what it was intended for - premium channels like sport / movies / ppv and 3pms, can't see the point in streaming Eastenders and news at ten

We can’t all get cable and sat though
Who's to say what it's " Intended For " ? Thats completely subjective.
If one is not in a virgin or sky area, or you want TV without a dish/cable - then IPTV is perfect.

It's also a lot cheaper and easier to get IPTV as all you need is a box and internet !

Last edited:

i dont watch soaps or tv in general, footy and sky sports news is about it so it suits my purposes fine ;)

I watch the Freesat channels on either my LG TV or on my Coolstream. IPTV is there for a few specific channels, plus I use Netflix, iPlayer, ITV on Demand etc for a few particluar things I want to watch but then I'm of the baby boomer generation and only had BBC 1 when I was a youngster.

I think the answer to this question would be different if you asked a millenial as their TV media consumption is very different. I don't think they watch *any* scheduled TV programming at all so maybe IPTV *would* be their main source of viewing? Any millenials on here?

I use IPTV for sport & 3pm footy.
My brother uses it for everything - our provider has 24hour catchup for every channel, so helps you get by without the recording side of things.

Back