Evra - "We`ll Replay The Irish On Playstation"

noelyf

VIP Member
Evra offers replay on Playstation

Patrice Evra has offered Ireland a replay of the World Cup play-off on his Playstation and called on France to build a statue of Thierry Henry.
Evra: Laughed off calls for replay

The Football Association of Ireland have been forced to admit defeat in their efforts to have the match replayed but Evra believes it was always a ludicrous idea.
He told L'Equipe: "In football there are injustices all the time. Titi (Henry) doesn't deserve this. Leave him be.
"Who made the mistake? The referee.

"When I think that certain politicians want to replay the match... They don't even know if the ball is round or oval and they would be the first to come and drink champagne in South Africa.
"The replay, I'll do it when you want on a Playstation."
Henry has been roundly castigated at home and abroad but Evra leapt to the defence of the under-fire France captain.

"We're arguing about Henry? We should build a statue for him," he added.
"That the world press destroys Henry, fine, no worries. But that we, in France, do it, that's impossible. It must stop.

"If Titi had cancelled out the goal by going to see the referee and we had lost, it would have been the same people who would have talked about his ego.
"Frankly, if he had done this, I would have told him 'Titi, you have betrayed us.'
"This handball, it's an instinctive gesture. What sportsman can look at himself in the mirror and pretend that it could not happen to him? Who would have gone to see the referee to tell him?

"These people are hypocrites. We're going to South Africa, that's all."

France's dismal performance in the play-off has given Raymond Domenech's critics more ammunition.
Many feel that if Les Bleus are to have any chance of success in South Africa Domenech has to go, following a poor Euro 2008 showing and a disappointing World Cup qualifying campaign.

The French Football Federation have confirmed the under-pressure coach will still be in charge next summer, a decision Evra applauds.
"We weren't good, we passed really close to a catastrophe," he said. "But we stuck to our guns.
"I will not sing, but I'm not ashamed.

"They always create stories around us. That is good, it builds up character in us.
"People invent stories because they have something against our coach. But hit! Hit! That makes him stronger. He will break the record for longevity on the bench of the France team."

Back