Explanation of OSCAM/CCCAM - Fresh to the scene

fromabove

Hi,

I've recently setup my VU+ Duo 4K SE box, viewing all standardn FTA channels nicely.

After looking around a few website, and seeing a few shady videos on Youtube advertising TV services, OSCAM/CCCAM (and a few other protocols) have been shown.
Yet, I'm non the wiser as exactly what the difference is, whats the benefit over one another, and what you'd do to get one.

I'd like to watch a few more channels on my bouquet that I've not got access to - I know IPTV is an option but CAM's seem to be more the direction to go, as I've got a satelitte tuner (well two).

Any explanation, pointers or tips would be sound.

I've seen the other thread for 'line' requests already.

Cheers

it all depends on what channels you want to watch,
quite a few channels are no longer available using traditional CAM methods
there are still a signifigant amount available though

have a forum search as to what channels are available on sat and see if that is an acceptable amount for you to watch

Thanks for replying guys.

I'd be looking to access the Sly HD channels mainly, or standard def if HD aren't available.
Things like discovery, natgeo, documentary, music channels would be good too.

As for foreign channels, Spanish would be useful to have but not urgent. Like cactikid says, I'd need to reposition my dish or another another LNB to the mix to receive channels from other countries.

So just to clarify, OSCAM/CCCAM caters for more of the foreign channel market, where a CAM module would normally be bought along with an access card?

And IPTV is the more modern way forward, in which you standard Sly channels can be viewed?

Cheers

Oscam/cccam allow you use someone else's TV subscription to open the channels on your own compatible box,with the help of a internet connection and a cline or nline to the box.Sky UK has a few channels left what you can share for a fee in SD,discovery,bt sports,MTV,ukgold etc.You better trying it out yourself to see what is available.Iptv is the way most people have gone nowadays but myself I use it for USA TV.

I use Oscam for Satellite tv and use iptv for Usa Tv,but with iptv you can get every tv package going, packages a satellite can not pickup from the uk.

I don't think anyone's actually managed to answer his question if I've interpreted it correctly, which is what is the difference between CCcam and Oscam? (and presumably he'd include Mgcamd in the mix too).

I'd answer it if I knew! Back in the 'old days' I always found Mgcamd provided a more stable experience with an N line over a C line with CCcam. I'm not a techy so I can't explain how or why that was the case but just that it was.

I'll add this for the OP, CCcam, Mgcamd and Oscam all does the same thing essentially, as pieeater explained, enabling you to watch someone's else's sat sub through your LNB's.

IPTV however is an entirely different concept and is streamed rather than through satellite. As a lot of sat channels are encrypted IPTV provides a much, much better range of channels but in a much less stable way (and less quality).

Thanks guys for your replies, and thanks RapidDevil for the explanation.

My original plan was to go down the route of some form of CAM sub, as it avoids the use of routing over the internet and takes advantage of the satellite dish (I've installed a unicable LNB with a splitter attached, so recording multiple programmes/channels at once is a bonus with this method, but not essential).

Eventually (once I've saved some cash) I'd like to get a few more LNB's on a seperate circular dish to tune into some euro channels, via another VU+ tuner card, stepping over into the world of the hobbist then.

I think I'll put a request in the necessary threads for IPTV to start with and see what comes back, then if all goes well I might do the same for a CAM.

The box I've got is amazing, pleased with the purchase, as its quick and easy to use now I've set it up correctly, plus building custom bouquets is simple enough, so once (if) I'm able to add some IPTV channels to the mix I'll be able to insert then within my current bouquet/channel listing.

I'll let you know how it develops.

Cheers!

Oscam Protcol is used to unlock most
Encrypted channels Most CCcam are converted to oscam You can also build
Your own Oscam With your CCcam pro
List
Satellite list for Oscam Protcol

SATELITTE PACKAGES:
42.0°E - D Smart
39.0°E - Bulsat
39.0°E - Dolce Romania
36.0°E - NTV +Russia SD & HD
31.5°E - Setanta Sport EURASIA
28.2°E - Sky UK some working

23.5°E - Skylink
23.5°E - Canal Digitaal Netherlands
23.5°E - TV Vlaanderen Digitaal
23.5°E - Eleven Sport Pro League Belgium ( over OSCAM only, require dvbapi change )
19.2°E - Movistar+ (Digital+) Espana HD
19.2°E - Canal Digitaal NL
19.2°E - Sky Deutschland HD ( over OSCAM only, DAZN working, SKY 1 working, Trendsport working )19.2°E - TV Vlaanderen Digitaal
19.2°E - HD+ Deutschland HD with Eurosport 2 HD XTRA and 4k channel
19.2°E - Austriasat Private Channels
19.2°E - MTV Networks HD
19.2°E - ORF Digital HD
19.2°E - Viacom HD
19.2°E - TNT SAT HD ( only on oscam )
19.2°E - Hustler, Vivid, Brazzers XXX
16.0°E - TEAM:SAT (BiH)
16.0°E - Max TV Sat (HR) SD and HD
16.0°E - Pink Media Group (SRB)- Work again
16.0°E - HRT (HR)
16.0°E - AntikSat
16.0°E - Orange SAT SK ( FULL package )
13.0°E - ALL XXX
13.0°E - Cyfrowy Polsat HD
13.0°E - NC+ HD (Cyfra+) with 4K Channel
13.0°E – Canal Plus Poland 4K (only over oscam and require skip cw check for 1884)
13.0°E - Love Nature 4K, Museum 4K
13.0°E - My Zen 4K, Travel XP 4K
13.0°E - SRG SSR Swiss HD
13.0°E - Mediaset Premium
13.0°E - Tivusat HD with Rai 4k
13.0°E - GlobeCast
13.0°E - Viacom Media HD
13.0°E - TeleSat HD with RTL TVI HD
13.0°E - Full Eurosport Package
9.0°E - Kabel kiosk HD
4.8°E - Viasat Sweden (Not working)
1.9°E - Polaris
1.9°E - Neosat Bulgaria
0.8°W - Canal Digital Nordic HD Swe/Fin/Nor/Dk
0.8°W - Digi TV HU/RO
0.8°W - UPC Direct HD Full
0.8°W - FreeSat HD
0.8°W - Focus Sat Full
5.0°W - Fransat ( part of channels )
5.0°W - Mediaset Premium
7.0°W – ART
30.0°W - MEO HD Full
30.0°W - Zon TV Cabo HD Full

Oscam Protcol is used to unlock most
Encrypted channels Most CCcam are converted to oscam You can also build
Your own Oscam With your CCcam pro
List
Satellite list for Oscam Protcol

SATELITTE PACKAGES:
42.0°E - D Smart
39.0°E - Bulsat
39.0°E - Dolce Romania
36.0°E - NTV +Russia SD & HD
31.5°E - Setanta Sport EURASIA
28.2°E - Sky UK some working

23.5°E - Skylink
23.5°E - Canal Digitaal Netherlands
23.5°E - TV Vlaanderen Digitaal
23.5°E - Eleven Sport Pro League Belgium ( over OSCAM only, require dvbapi change )
19.2°E - Movistar+ (Digital+) Espana HD
19.2°E - Canal Digitaal NL
19.2°E - Sky Deutschland HD ( over OSCAM only, DAZN working, SKY 1 working, Trendsport working )19.2°E - TV Vlaanderen Digitaal
19.2°E - HD+ Deutschland HD with Eurosport 2 HD XTRA and 4k channel
19.2°E - Austriasat Private Channels
19.2°E - MTV Networks HD
19.2°E - ORF Digital HD
19.2°E - Viacom HD
19.2°E - TNT SAT HD ( only on oscam )
19.2°E - Hustler, Vivid, Brazzers XXX
16.0°E - TEAM:SAT (BiH)
16.0°E - Max TV Sat (HR) SD and HD
16.0°E - Pink Media Group (SRB)- Work again
16.0°E - HRT (HR)
16.0°E - AntikSat
16.0°E - Orange SAT SK ( FULL package )
13.0°E - ALL XXX
13.0°E - Cyfrowy Polsat HD
13.0°E - NC+ HD (Cyfra+) with 4K Channel
13.0°E – Canal Plus Poland 4K (only over oscam and require skip cw check for 1884)
13.0°E - Love Nature 4K, Museum 4K
13.0°E - My Zen 4K, Travel XP 4K
13.0°E - SRG SSR Swiss HD
13.0°E - Mediaset Premium
13.0°E - Tivusat HD with Rai 4k
13.0°E - GlobeCast
13.0°E - Viacom Media HD
13.0°E - TeleSat HD with RTL TVI HD
13.0°E - Full Eurosport Package
9.0°E - Kabel kiosk HD
4.8°E - Viasat Sweden (Not working)
1.9°E - Polaris
1.9°E - Neosat Bulgaria
0.8°W - Canal Digital Nordic HD Swe/Fin/Nor/Dk
0.8°W - Digi TV HU/RO
0.8°W - UPC Direct HD Full
0.8°W - FreeSat HD
0.8°W - Focus Sat Full
5.0°W - Fransat ( part of channels )
5.0°W - Mediaset Premium
7.0°W – ART
30.0°W - MEO HD Full
30.0°W - Zon TV Cabo HD Full
Some other packages that open
45.0E Vivacom
19.2E Csat France
16.0E Digital ALB

Thanks for the replies guys, the list of OSCAM packages seems endless. There's more TV channels being beamed down from the skies that what you'd think at first!

Thanks for the replies guys, the list of OSCAM packages seems endless. There's more TV channels being beamed down from the skies that what you'd think at first!

Indeed, providing you have the multi dish required to pick them up.

p.s. the 'like' button will save you having to type your thanks :-)

Thanks guys for your replies, and thanks RapidDevil for the explanation.

My original plan was to go down the route of some form of CAM sub, as it avoids the use of routing over the internet and takes advantage of the satellite dish (I've installed a unicable LNB with a splitter attached, so recording multiple programmes/channels at once is a bonus with this method, but not essential).

Eventually (once I've saved some cash) I'd like to get a few more LNB's on a seperate circular dish to tune into some euro channels, via another VU+ tuner card, stepping over into the world of the hobbist then.

I think I'll put a request in the necessary threads for IPTV to start with and see what comes back, then if all goes well I might do the same for a CAM.

The box I've got is amazing, pleased with the purchase, as its quick and easy to use now I've set it up correctly, plus building custom bouquets is simple enough, so once (if) I'm able to add some IPTV channels to the mix I'll be able to insert then within my current bouquet/channel listing.

I'll let you know how it develops.

Cheers!
Hey,
I have been running a VU+ Duo2 box for 6 years or more now... originally started with a Sly sat dish connected and using CCCam for the subscription channels but when the encryption routines "improved", I moved over to using IPTV. I still use the sat dish to receiving/recording all of the free to air channels... and now have a subscription to a really good IPTV provider, I use NordVPN and have the OpenVPN and VPN Manager plugins... it all gives me full EPG lists and access to thousands of channels. I wouldn't waste time on the CCCAM/OSCAM route, IPTV is the way to go.

Incidentally, I've just bought a 75" TV for the extension we're building and will be looking at a new box - the VU+ 4K Duo looks interesting - would you recommend it? Also, I'd be keen to understand what LNB and splitter you bought... I don't really understand the uni-cable stuff could you explain and would it be backwards compatible with what I have currently (which is an old Sky dish, a 4 way LNB that worked with the Sky HD box (not Sky Q) that has two cables fed to my current box in the living room.)?

thanks,

D.

I would definitely recommend the VU 4K box, the picture is really clear without any issues processing and upscaling footage - I've not had any previous models of VU boxes so I don't have anything to compare with though. The large front display is a nice feature to have as well.

As for the Unicable setup - you'll need to replace your LNB with a Unicable compatible one (mine is a Maclean MCTV-785) which will fit into a standard sky dish (you may need a special collar or an extra zip tie to make it fit securely within your dishes arm), you can then use a single coax cable run to a splitter to go into your tuners - I have the standard two satellite tuner setup, which is fed from a splitter linking to a single coax feed from the dish, this gives me 16 logical/virtual tuners on which you can watch/record upon

If your interest in accessing sat tv is as a hobby or as an enthusiast, then don't consider anything other than a motorised set up. Depending on your circumstances......ie, line of sight, available space etc, a 1.1 metre dish will give you access to all of the european satellite positions that are of the most interest. If you have the option, you can install your dish at ground level....on a pole or slab. If you are handy & have a small amount of technical awareness, it is relatively simple to do a diy install.

Back