External hard drive storage

septicsac

Few questions:

1.I know I need a usb flash drive to flash the h.2s, but can I use an existing 1tb external hard drive, plugged in the rear for storing, recording and timeshift?
2.I have hdd quarter full, dont want to lose what is on it and would like to use it rather than spend money on another one? Can I use this or will it be wiped if I do? How do I set it up to store media etc?
3.Also does the H.2s play media files from an external hard drive, mkv, aac , hevc 265 ? ? ie can i play through zgemma rather than having to move back to the tv ?
4.Can I use this hdd to store my epg and not have to keep flash usb in the front of the box, as kids will remove it within hours?
5. Alternatively can I store my epg on a sd card ?

Any info on the the above much appreciated :beg:

Anyone any answers to the above? ? ?
In particular using an existing hard drive, without having to wipe same to store epg and recordings ? ?
Going to try set up this evening and want to know b4 starting :beg:

I'm not sure if it will play certain formats but you can move everything to pc then after you've initialised ext3 to 4 and setup swapfile etc you can ftp them back to media/hdd then press file list to see if you can play them

I think you would need to initialise the HDD before you can use it for recording and timeshift. The initialization process will wipe your HDD and convert it to ext3 or ext4. You can store epg on HDD but it is going to make accessing it a lot slower. You might get an 8gb microSD for less than a tenner (stick to main brands though). I

Back