External Hard Drive

Evastar

TK Veteran
So i just bought a 1 TB Toshiba External Hard Drive to back up my pictures and documents etc from my pc. Now what do i do? lol

It is that simple. The only other thing I had to do to my external drives was format them from FAT32 to NTFS.

Well i plugged it in, plugged the usb into the pc, and it came up saying your hardware is installed and ready to use. So i just copy my files over now do i?

Eva before sending your files to the hard drive, plug the hd in go to my computer select your new hd and open it, right click, create new folder, name it music, create another folder call it documents, create another folder and call it pictures, then drag from your pc into the relevant folder, makes it easier to copy them back when formatted.

See there Eva... you're brilliant and didn't even know it. :grin:

Good on you for getting such a simple device and then knowing how to use it. hehehehe. :willy nilly:

the best of luck with it Eva, I have one its only 400 gb, but great little thing, would hate if pc crashed and I lost all my pics and music :)

I have a 1TB drive and 2 500GB externals. They all have my movies I haven't had a chance to burn yet.

Well it seems really easy to use, i have copied all everyone's pictures over now, and will do all the music and documents tomorrow.

Thanks for all the help guys :)

In case anyone is interested it is a 1 TB Toshiba STORE ALU 3.5", and it cost 109 euro from Power City in Dublin.

All together, I have maybe 360+ movies on the drives.....out of over 1000 in my collection. Right now still have them in video_ts format. Sometime in the future, I'll set it up to stream from the externals to my desktop, laptop, and tv.

Well it seems really easy to use, i have copied all everyone's pictures over now, and will do all the music and documents tomorrow.

Thanks for all the help guys :)

In case anyone is interested it is a 1 TB Toshiba STORE ALU 3.5", and it cost 109 euro from Power City in Dublin.
thats a good price eva! nice size too unlike some of the bricks they have out there!

Back