external hdd wont go to sleep

MrCrab

Good morning all.

I have been using my h2s with a 128gb usb stick for some time... But i needed to change this to an external hdd.

I purchased a seagate 2tb desktop drive (external powered). The drive was initialised and is all set up correctly (i think). I did format it in fat32 as many have suggested on here using my pc.

The usb stick is now in the front of the box (using the spare usb port) and the hdd usb is connected to the rear of the box.

I have gone in and ensured that the epg is pointing to the usb device and recordings go to the hdd.

When i turn the h2s off the hdd still spins well past my 5 minutes set in the hdd menu.
Infact the hdd hasnt stopped spinning in the 4 days its been connected to the box!

What am i missing here?

Thanks in advance.
C

/usr/share/enigma2/

Is a location for the picons but when you download them for the first time they ask you where you want them, I use sd

Are you using vix by any chance? I started having this problem in later builds of 3.2, the hard drive wouldn't go to sleep after 5 minutes, I've set it to go to sleep after 1 minute and it now shuts down as it should, it seems to me to be a vix issue as the 5 minute shut down worked fine in earlier builds of 3.2.

I have my epg setup to go to the usb.
Timeshift and recordings to hdd.
No idea if i use vix or not....

I have set the hdd to go to sleep after 1 minute and it still spins even if im not recording

one of the reasons the better boxes have 2 rear usb ports so can use usb stick and externally powered hdd together.

I know i should have gone for a better box. The h2s looked good for my needs at first..... Can i drive a usb hub off the rear usb port?

With regards to time shift... I thought this was only the case when the box was on... When in standby and nothing being watched / recorded i would expect it to sleep?

Why what's wrong with the h2s? Because it doesn't have two usb on the back, really so it's a bad box you might need to use the sd card slot or the usb at the front. Oh yea such a bad box!

I know i should have gone for a better box. The h2s looked good for my needs at first..... Can i drive a usb hub off the rear usb port?

With regards to time shift... I thought this was only the case when the box was on... When in standby and nothing being watched / recorded i would expect it to sleep?

Apologies dude. Misread. My bad.
H2s Is a great box. Dont think its related to ur issue.
I think deep standby may do what ur after but not just standby.
I wouldnt worry about spindown unless noise annoys u.

Even in standby the had is still being used. Like sucmnsee said the only way to completely shut it down is in deep standby.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Why use and externally powered HDD? I use a USB powered one and have no issues (as most probably do). Have to agree with Silver, the issue you have isn't because the H2s is a "bad" box, you would probably have the same issue using this HDD on a different box. I have just moved from a 2s and find the H2s an excellent step up for such a small price increase!

Chuck in a 8 / 16gb "Micro" SD card in the side and set the timeshift etc to go to that - no blinky light then :-)

It should with the timeshift set to the SD card. They are quick enough to handle it. mine does.

I am just waiting to test though to be 100% sure.

Last edited:
Back