Fecking Sky

dee

TK Veteran
Coming to the end of my 12 month contract, get home from work today and make a cupa turn said box on comes up showing no sateliite signal, do the usual reboot still the same, after 10 mins it comes back on itself bonus so i thought, fecking thing has gone down again exactly the same, gone into the system im getting no signal strenght wots so ever, and no connection either local or service, Sky in there wisdom are telling me one of my cables is not connected fecking company:whacko::bang head:

oh dee you dont have much luck do you lol! im sure youll be telling them if they dotn sort it you will be telling
them where they can put their subs lol!

They don't really like giving customer service, except via the phone, do they. hope you get it sorted as soon as possible mate:whacko:

as linny suggested i told them if it was`nt sorted they could stick there HD + box were the sun does`nt shine, left it on standby had tea a shower and they only turned the fecker back on, still getting rid of in a month.

What's your alternative Dee?, Virgin? make sure you compare prices, then ring Sky back and tell them what deal you are getting, they usually(over here) will give you what you want

you might as well, seeing as you have a dish on your roof, hope that works out as smoothly as it has for others around here(y)

LOL cact i took the whole system apart and rec connected every thing, tweaked the connections with a set of pliers. after being on TK since day 1 that was my first port of call to check;)

well Dee at least with the blade you will get 110% customer service from the guys on here lol! they won fob you off as they got no reason to :)

I've been looking at the blade media and it seems to be a beast of a reciever, and when you get it working you will be in the drivers seat. :)

I was keeping this on the low for a few days, but I do now have a DreamBox DM-500, i'm just waiting on a WiFi Bridge to arrive by tomorrow so I can connect it to the internet wirelessly, my supplier has said its all set to work so hopefully that is the case. Only thing is, there is a pin lock on there and I can't access the setup to see which servers its set to connect to the internet.

Trying to find a way to get the PIN at the moment, will keep you updated too. :)

And yeah most crucial thing, it works via satellite. The channels seem to go up to 700. :)

Only a selected few work at the moment, everything but the paid channels. Hoping that WiFi Bridge comes by tomorrow morning, getting it by Royal Mail 1st Class Standard, shipped today morning at 10:10 A.M :)

LOL i read a thread you posted last week dan on the subject, your virmin hub is in your attic hence the wifi bridge. you realy should rember what you post at 3 am.:p

LOL i read a thread you posted last week dan on the subject, your virmin hub is in your attic hence the wifi bridge. you realy should rember what you post at 3 am.:p

Ah yeah!! You just reminded me dee, i think its about time i said something in that topic about my situation now.. lol

Back