Fiat Marea running rough!

pixelstar

My Fiat Marea suddenly running rough with loss of power. The yellow engine icon light on the dash is flashing, any ideas to diagnose the fault?

Id advise getting a diagnostic test done to get to the bottom of this.

if the light is flashing while you are driving it is telling you that your catalytic converter is being destroyed.this usually caused by unburnt fuel igniting in the cat.by all means scan for codes.the rough running is caused likely by a missfire.if a spark plug or wire is dead this allows unburnt fuel to enter the exhaust thereby destroying the cat.check spark plugs and wires and look for vacuum leaks as well.

The easiest option is first and foremost to get the car diagnostically checked,the engine management light ie the engine sign flashing on the dash cluster,is telling you there is a fault showing and investigate,it could be anything thats causing your problem or a number of issues hence why i suggest get the car plugged in see what faults are showing and work from there bear in mind though a fault can reset it self and will not show up on a diagnostic test and the fault may actually still be there (i know this from experience) so its imperative to get it tested it could save you trouble shooting and money.

We are here to help pixelstar plus glad to (y) but if you could post back on this thread when you come to the conlusion as to what was actually wrong with the car then it could help other members encountering similar problems .....by the way Welcome to TechKings (y)

Back