Fibre broadband

Sorry got a bit confused on this post... To be able to have any broadband at home you MUST have a phone line and pay line rental each month, this is then the line the internet comes into the house.

Whether or not you actually plug a landline phone in is another question but you still have a phone line and line rental to pay?

Sorry got a bit confused on this post... To be able to have any broadband at home you MUST have a phone line and pay line rental each month, this is then the line the internet comes into the house.

Whether or not you actually plug a landline phone in is another question but you still have a phone line and line rental to pay?
The Openreach fella did say in the future all calls will be made by voip which fibre can be used for,

The Openreach fella did say in the future all calls will be made by voip which fibre can be used for,
Yeah agreed but even then you'll still need a "phone line" to the property. The term phone line really just means some cable to your house from the exchange.

To be honest though the rate of install of FTTP is shocking and I can only get a max of 50mb currently.

Imagine telling that to parents who love the old fashioned landline.

Sick off sticking with TT for landline as VM second landlines is a complete rip off and wont allow to move existing landline to my main one which is with TT.

Yeah agreed but even then you'll still need a "phone line" to the property. The term phone line really just means some cable to your house from the exchange.

To be honest though the rate of install of FTTP is shocking and I can only get a max of 50mb currently.
My man at OR said the fttp will be capable of 1gb speeds

Imagine telling that to parents who love the old fashioned landline.

Sick off sticking with TT for landline as VM second landlines is a complete rip off and wont allow to move existing landline to my main one which is with TT.
Yes the old landline, we used to have a Trimphone which had that distinctive ringtone and shape and was at the time so cool and trendy in blue.

003365_1.jpg

Its here FTTP yippeeeeee upto 1000mbs or 1gig :smiley:
Just need to find a good deal with an ISP who use the Openreach network and away I go!

Its here FTTP yippeeeeee upto 1000mbs or 1gig :smiley:
Just need to find a good deal with an ISP who use the Openreach network and away I go!
Be very careful,
When I got mine I discovered that (in my area at least) only BT could actually give me full fibre for at least a year.
I got 74meg for just over 30£ month ,
I don't need 1G speeds.

Do you want better, cheaper, faster Broadband?
Then REGISTER YOUR INTEREST!
Register on the Websites below to help bring it to your Street.
The more Residents who register, the sooner they can install!
100% commitment-free.
Full Fibre Broadband up to 3 Gbps | Unlimited Fibre Broadband | Community Fibre
CityFibre
G.Network | 100% Full Fibre Broadband | Prices from £22pm.
Hyperoptic | Full Fibre Optic Broadband up to 1Gb

These are great especially for the price.

But majority won't be able to get these service unfortunately.

My cousin was with hyper optic but thats mainly because it was new building block that was built.

Looking through the ISPs who use the Openreach network and offer FTTP brings up TalkTalk, Sky, EE, BT, Idnet, Vispa, Aquiss.
Anyone use any of these and have any advice as which to avoid or use?
I hear the BT Hub2 is a nice piece of kit with excellent wi-fi capabilities but BT contracts are 24 months which is far too long for me.
In 2 years time FTTP prices will be much less than now and offering faster speeds.

Looking through the ISPs who use the Openreach network and offer FTTP brings up TalkTalk, Sky, EE, BT, Idnet, Vispa, Aquiss.
Anyone use any of these and have any advice as which to avoid or use?
I hear the BT Hub2 is a nice piece of kit with excellent wi-fi capabilities but BT contracts are 24 months which is far too long for me.
In 2 years time FTTP prices will be much less than now and offering faster speeds.
Have a check of the actual service you will be able to get.
When it was a new FTTP in my area a couple of months ago it was only BT that could use the fibre infrastructure for the first 12 months, so you may not have a choice.

Back