FIFA take lead from the GAA

hill16

TK's Big Daddy
it seems that FIFA are going to add umpires for the upcoming world cup like they have in the GAA irish amatuer gaelic games association,it reminds me of the old saying "a amatuer association run by professionals whereas you have a professional assoiation run by amatuers" :doh:

More refs ... the extra assistants would go behind each goal. AP

FIFA president Sepp Blatter says more field officials could be at World Cup
From correspondents in Johannesburg, South Africa
December 01, 2009 .FIFA could put more assistant referees on the pitch during the 2010 World Cup, president Sepp Blatter said.

The question will be discussed at the FIFA executive committee meeting on Wednesday in Cape Town, ahead of the final draw for the World Cup, he said at the opening of the Soccerex football business conference.

"We'll make a decision to have additional officials for the World Cup or not. This is open," he said.

The committee will consider placing additional assistant referees behind each goal, a system being experimented with in Europe, he said.

The committee will also consider ways of re-organising the system of qualifiers, he said, after controversy erupted following France's controversial win over Ireland.

Irish players launched furious protests when they were eliminated in a play-off with France, after a controversial handball by France captain Thierry Henry led to the decisive goal.

France's play-off with Ireland was poised at 1-1 on aggregate in the second leg in Paris when Henry controlled the ball with his hand before teeing up William Gallas for the decisive goal.

The referee didn't see the move, which was captured on video in instant replay.

Blatter said he had spoken with Henry about the incident.

"He explained what he had done and I took note of what he said and I said the players are taking advantages. By advantages means cheating against the laws of the game," Blatter said.

"And he asked me if he would be punished. I said punished for what?"

"He said his family has received threats from fans because of his behaviour," Blatter added.

blatter.jpg

Here`s One Idea :)

blatter1.jpeg

Back