Finally Took The Plunge - DJI Mini 2

I had a few minutes spare at my terminus, so decided to see the Sea without moving.

A quick scout around Ringsend and the Grand Canal Docks

Spencer Dock, The old Bolands factory and the Bord Gais Theatre

Does anyone remember these old gasometers that were in pretty much every industrialised city? Well, here in Dublin they have converted one into an upscale apartment block

I've been kinda a busy boy playing with this new toy, its really kinda fun, but I cant wait for the summer to come in and not be brass monkeys around the place.​

Watched the gasworks and very impressive indeed , only seen this thread now and more to check out.
I liked that one too, I kept thinking look down into the middle then when he pulled back I thought no you tease but he listened to me in the end 😅.
Wheelo well done, think at the end with it being such a sunny day I wonder if turning up to the sky then fading out would work as a way of ending. And that is no way a criticism, your much better than I could ever be.

I liked that one too, I kept thinking look down into the middle then when he pulled back I thought no you tease but he listened to me in the end 😅.
Wheelo well done, think at the end with it being such a sunny day I wonder if turning up to the sky then fading out would work as a way of ending. And that is no way a criticism, your much better than I could ever be.
My editing skills need a lot of work, but why not try that as an ending?
Keep watching this space, the only thing I can think of is that the "upswing" on the camera is only around 15°

I have the 1st DJI mini and it’s awesome. As regards to distance you can travel it all depends on your location. If you are in a built up area you won’t even get a mile but over fields with a clear line of sight you can get a lot further. I have a licence although not needed just stops plod moaning.

Mavic 2 pro . With altered software 3 miles
Obviously no vlos.
You mean you cant see your drone at only 3 miles mate?? 🤣🤣

I have the 1st DJI mini and it’s awesome. As regards to distance you can travel it all depends on your location. If you are in a built up area you won’t even get a mile but over fields with a clear line of sight you can get a lot further. I have a licence although not needed just stops plod moaning.
The DJI have a great reputation for quality, and the mini series are a great place to start, and you could move up the line, if you wanted more professional outcomes.
All drones need to be registered once they are over 249 grams OR they have a camera.
You dont need to sit the licencing test unless you are using heavier drones. However, you get better permissions in regards crowds, distance from buildings, etc.
I haven't had any problems from police yet, but I suppose it's just a matter of time.

i am flying the dji3 with the remote screen, great drone. lots of features.
Full size 3?, or the mini?
Both fabulous pieces of kit, Camera quality second to none, quality software and hardware. So easy to fly (a lot of work to get close to mastering). It is interesting getting used to the drone itself and now also using VSDC editing software.
Great Quality regardless of the level of professionalism you are at in aerial photography.

Full size 3?, or the mini?
Both fabulous pieces of kit, Camera quality second to none, quality software and hardware. So easy to fly (a lot of work to get close to mastering). It is interesting getting used to the drone itself and now also using VSDC editing software.
Great Quality regardless of the level of professionalism you are at in aerial photography.
Your proper In to your drone 😍 mine is 799g
So east to fly

Attachments

• 20200606_133850.jpg
    20200606_133850.jpg
    995.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200910_133310.jpg
    20200910_133310.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I have been flying away, just not posting in here, some days I get crap footage, sometimes good, It is finding the time to edit and compile videos that is the problem, even if I am off work for 16 weeks LOL.

I went to a place called Blessington where there is a hydro electric station, however, I forgot to check the weather forecast as it was a lovely bright day - the wind was absolutely gusting though, couldn't get near the Hydro station, so just decided to have a fly about as I had travelled for 45 minutes to get there.

I next went to The back of my Grandparents home where there is a Railway works- They used to make and repair locomotives and carriages, its now only a training centre for electricians and repair yard for some carriages.

Next day out, I went to a former Army barracks that is local to me, there is some very interesting history here for some of the leaders of the 1916 rising that led to the foundation of Ireland as a once again free state. If you read the description, it gives you some of the history. I also had one battery left, so I went to our local park and decided to fly through the fork in a tree and visit a building site.

I also got out yesterday, I took a trip on a bus to a park that has a couple of lakes/ponds , and a very intriguing Pathway, When I process them, I will post them.

I am using a DJI Mini 2 for all these videos, it is a cracking piece of kit, each battery has a 31 minute life, so with the extended flying kit I got, I can fly for 1.5 hours - that is a shed load of footage to sort through. It can film at 4K quality, and looks great on the TV at home.
We at TechKings are holding a raffle for one of these Drones, the cost per ticket is 13 pounds - I know this is a big price, but it is a big ticket prize too. All proceeds go to a charity, we have supported my homeless charity work for the last number of years, and every penny goes to a great cause, with not one red cent going on admministration, all goes on goods whether it is sleeping bags, food, drinks, or whatever.
Details of our draw are in this thread :- https://www.techkings.org/threads/dji-mini-2-fly-more-combo-12y-glenfiddich.170233/

I have been flying away, just not posting in here, some days I get crap footage, sometimes good, It is finding the time to edit and compile videos that is the problem, even if I am off work for 16 weeks LOL.

I went to a place called Blessington where there is a hydro electric station, however, I forgot to check the weather forecast as it was a lovely bright day - the wind was absolutely gusting though, couldn't get near the Hydro station, so just decided to have a fly about as I had travelled for 45 minutes to get there.

I next went to The back of my Grandparents home where there is a Railway works- They used to make and repair locomotives and carriages, its now only a training centre for electricians and repair yard for some carriages.

Next day out, I went to a former Army barracks that is local to me, there is some very interesting history here for some of the leaders of the 1916 rising that led to the foundation of Ireland as a once again free state. If you read the description, it gives you some of the history. I also had one battery left, so I went to our local park and decided to fly through the fork in a tree and visit a building site.

I also got out yesterday, I took a trip on a bus to a park that has a couple of lakes/ponds , and a very intriguing Pathway, When I process them, I will post them.

I am using a DJI Mini 2 for all these videos, it is a cracking piece of kit, each battery has a 31 minute life, so with the extended flying kit I got, I can fly for 1.5 hours - that is a shed load of footage to sort through. It can film at 4K quality, and looks great on the TV at home.
We at TechKings are holding a raffle for one of these Drones, the cost per ticket is 13 pounds - I know this is a big price, but it is a big ticket prize too. All proceeds go to a charity, we have supported my homeless charity work for the last number of years, and every penny goes to a great cause, with not one red cent going on admministration, all goes on goods whether it is sleeping bags, food, drinks, or whatever.
Details of our draw are in this thread :- https://www.techkings.org/threads/dji-mini-2-fly-more-combo-12y-glenfiddich.170233/
Took me months to pluck up courage to fly across water..

Took me months to pluck up courage to fly across water..
I've been thinking about trying one when I go on the French lakes, there was one hovering about last time I went, it was the anglers on the other side scouting for the fish in the margins, it could be a valuable tool as it won't spook the fish

As promised, my footage from Wednesdays trip to a local park that has some lakes, oddly enough it is split into two parks by a motorway with a compulsory purchase order some 15/20 years ago, you can see this motorway in the video, but I didn't want to fly over it as I have registered my drone, and don't want any hassles.
There was a signpost just inside the park that said "Enchanted Walk", I was intrigued and decided to follow it

I then got the urge to fly around and over the lakes/ponds, and around the park as a whole, the video below is cut as there was a of of boring footage that added, would have made the video about 19 minutes long, and nobody needs that.

Details of our draw are in this thread :-
https://www.techkings.org/threads/dji-mini-2-fly-more-combo-12y-glenfiddich.170233/
There are still a number of tickets left for this draw (about three, I think) have a think about it, as you can see, the quality is fab, and it really is fun planning, shooting, and editing and adding music to the videos, plus, when you have a memory like mine, it is a great tool for recall.
I've been thinking about trying one when I go on the French lakes, there was one hovering about last time I went, it was the anglers on the other side scouting for the fish in the margins, it could be a valuable tool as it won't spook the fish

That might not be a bad idea as long as the water is pretty clear - they have lots of practical uses like yours, and I even sent mine up to see if I needed to clear out my gutters.

And later on when I come up from the small waterfall and turd right, there is some other big bird like that in a tree that takes off. around 4:30

1683896922880.png

1683897003186.png

1683897070840.png

Back