Fire stick question

superfan

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.
A friend of mine bought a fire stick recently and all was going well up until yesterday when he said it stopped working. He brought it over to my place and it's 100% working, brought it back to his place and it won't come on, he's tried it on 3 different tv's in his house.
Anyone know what the issue might be?

Sounds more like electric fault at his house if not powering up! Fuse box I’d check... working at yours and not powering at his

I know it's weird.
Obviously I'm not there but he's saying the TV's are powering up ok but the stick isn't so I doubt it's a power issue.

I think I know what the problem is, when he brought the stick over to my house I just used his stick and hooked it up to my plug and cable, I didn't use his plug or cable. I reckon either the plug or cable is goosed, he was using it it one of those thingys that allow you to plug 4 or 5 things in to 1 socket, it must've blown either the plug or cable or both.

I think I know what the problem is, when he brought the stick over to my house I just used his stick and hooked it up to my plug and cable, I didn't use his plug or cable. I reckon either the plug or cable is goosed, he was using it it one of those thingys that allow you to plug 4 or 5 things in to 1 socket, it must've blown either the plug or cable or both.
You mean like a 5 USB port or a hdmi switcher

Back