Fire stick questions

When I click on new loads on options dont I need to change anything in there?

Where it says address enter ip address and description write fire stick?

Install and configure adbLink for Amazon Fire TV and Stick
Configure adbLink for Amazon Fire TV

In this post, I will show you how to install and configure adbLink for Amazon Fire TV and Stick. This is the 3rd update to the guide I originally published in 2015 and then revised in 2016. Many things have changed since then, including new versions of Fire OS and adbLink as well, which is now at version 3.4. Therefore I thought it was time to update the adbLink setup and configuration guide for Amazon Fire TV devices.

adbLink is most commonly used for sideloading apps to Fire TV and Stick. In addition, it allows you to perform several Kodi operations remotely on Fire TV, including backup and restore, which is why I like using it more than the ES File Explorer sideload methods.

Available features / operations on adbLink

adbLink also supports SPMC, which is a Kodi version optimized for Android. So let’s jump right and find out how to configure adbLink for Amazon Fire TV devices.

Table of Contents

1. Find Fire TV’s IP Address
2. Enable ADB Debugging on Amazon Fire TV
3. Download and Install adbLink
4. Setup Fire TV Device on adbLink
5. Connect adbLink to Fire TV
Correctly, setting up adbLink to access and manage Fire Stick and Box is the single biggest step if you want to sideload or hack your Fire TV. However, this is a step that many newbies struggle with. Once done correctly, sideloading app is a breeze. The downloader app makes sideloading even easier but for advanced operations, including backing up and restoring Kodi, it is always good to have adbLink configured and ready to go. In my opinion, sideloading through ADB is more convenient for Kodi and SPMC than using ES File Explorer.

Before you can configure adbLink for Fire TV and Stick, there are some perquisite steps you need to perform. Follow the steps described below in order and you should be good. [Read: 10 Best Amazon Fire TV apps for media streamers]

1. Find Fire TV’s IP Address
The first thing that you need to do is find out your Fire TV’s network IP address. You may refer to our detailed post on finding Fire TV’s IP address. Briefly, go to Settings -> Device -> About -> Network and note down the IP address of your Fire TV. In my case it was 192.168.1.39.

Find Amazon Fire TV IP Address
Find Amazon Fire TV IP Address

2. Enable ADB Debugging on Amazon Fire TV
Next step before you setup Fire TV on adbLink is to enable ADB Debugging on Amazon Fire TV (follow steps 1 to 3). This will allow you to connect adbLink to Fire TV and make modifications or sideload apps on Amazon Fire TV. To this go to Settings -> Device -> Developer Options and turn ADB Debugging to ON.

Enable ADB Debugging Amazon Fire TV
Enable ADB Debugging on Amazon Fire TV

Quick Element Ti4 review: Plug and play Android Box HTPC
Spending time setting up your HTPC may be frustrating at first. You can always install…

Best Android TV Boxes:
NVIDIA SHIELD TV Pro Home Media Server - $299.99
editors pick
Amazon Fire TV Streaming Media Player - $89.99
WeTek Play 2 Hybrid Media Center - $134.00
Kukele Octacore Android TV Box - $179.99
U2C Android TV Box - $95.99
3. Download and Install adbLink
Once your Fire TV / Stick is set up, download adbLink for your platform. In this guide, I am using adbLink on Windows.

4. Setup Fire TV Device on adbLink
The next step is adbLink device setup. Open / Run adbLink.exe file. If you are running this for the first time you should see nothing under “Current Device” list. Click on “New” to create a new Fire TV device profile, as shown below.

Create New AFTV Device Profile on adbLink
Create New AFTV Device Profile on adbLink

First, provide a description (something that will help you remember what device this is) for the device (eg. Bedroom Fire TV, Living Room AFTV, New FireTV 2015, etc.). Next, enter the network IP address of the Fire TV you are connecting to (from Step 1).

Configure adbLink for Amazon Fire TV or Stick

Then, browse and choose a location for Pull Folder. Pull folder is the folder on your computer where any files pulled from Fire TV are stored. This is rarely used and you may choose to leave the default location as is. Leave the rest of the options as is, unless you know what you are doing. Finally, click “Save” to save the device profile.

5. Connect adbLink to Fire TV
Finally, you are ready to install Kodi on Amazon Fire TV and Stick, sideload other apps, or hack your Fire TV. With the newly created fire TV device profile selected in the “Current device” drop down list, click on “Connect”. You see the device appear under “Connected devices”, as shown in the picture below.

Connect to Fire TV from adbLink

That is it. You are now connected to your Fire TV device through adblink. Go ahead, configure adbLink for Amazon Fire TV and proceed with one of our many Fire TV guides.

Yep still same issue "unauthorised device" message even when clicking new and adding name and ip address.

Then went and entered ip address where it says ad hoc ip and connect but get same error message.

@bazcfc1

Followed that guide completely but connection status showing as "unauthorised" still having the error message.

In regards to ADB link and apps to fire I have both adb debugging on and unknown sources.

However using both adb link and apps to fire always get message on TV screen "USB debugging" and have to press ok otherwise nothing happens and get error messages on both.

Anyone know what this USB debugging is and safe to click ok on it?

Has anyone experienced the above in regards to usb debugging?

Always have that message to click ok if trying to use adb link or appstofire.

Am I supposed to click ok on usb debugging? I assume this is different to ADB debugging?

Has anyone experienced the above in regards to usb debugging?

Always have that message to click ok if trying to use adb link or appstofire.

Am I supposed to click ok on usb debugging? I assume this is different to ADB debugging?
With all due respect my friend.
The problems you have “constantly” and advise that does not always be taken onboard i really do advise maybe taking a good contract out with TV company.
I am on many forums and I'm struggling to get to the bottom of this in all my years.
This is not a personal attack on you mate, it is more sound advise to “maybe” try new avenues.
Forums are there to help those who need help and support for those wanting to take onboard what is said.
When threads become epic members lose interest.

The problems you have “constantly” and advise that does not always be taken onboard i really do advise maybe taking a good contract out with TV company.
I am on many forums and I'm struggling to get to the bottom of this in all my years.
This is not a personal attack on you mate, it is more sound advise to “maybe” try new avenues.
Forums are there to help those who need help and support for those wanting to take onboard what is said.
I totally agree with River FC's above post, with help and small contribution I gave early on at the begining of these posts and more technical advice that has been given I just find 1) not being able to set up a Amazon account without a credit card, 2) purely from a personal point of view without using computers, not being able to use downloader, then add Stb emulator and a test sub from the forum, you haven't been able to achieve the end goal.
Through the help of this forum and using YouTube tutorials I personally - in my 70s - and having had a stroke 8 years ago, for which my wife is having to type this for me
This should have be resolved .

Dont see what the problem is.

I dont need to go to a tv company.

I am sorry if my struggles are too much for you and others to comprehend.

I have taken advice on board on here. Really dont know what more you and others want from me.

I made post regarding issues and problems I am having. Hoping to have some support.

Sorry for all my questions but I am needing help.

If no one wants to help anymore no issues. Cant force anyone to help me.

I totally agree with River FC's above post, with help and small contribution I gave early on at the begining of these posts and more technical advice that has been given I just find 1) not being able to set up a Amazon account without a credit card, 2) purely from a personal point of view without using computers, not being able to use downloader, then add Stb emulator and a test sub from the forum, you haven't been able to achieve the end goal.
Through the help of this forum and using YouTube tutorials I personally - in my 70s - and having had a stroke 8 years ago, for which my wife is having to type this for me
This should have be resolved .

Sorry to hear about what you have gone through mate.

But I suffer from many conditions since I was kid and from what you and others consider to be basics is not the same for me.

I find it very hard to grasp and comprehend what I read or watch be it tutorials/guides or anything else.

I am not trying to make excuses just telling my situation as it is every day.

Shouldnt have taken as long as it did but that is how it is with me every day.

watch this to setup adblink with your firestick,
you dont need the pull folder part just hit save.
watch this to send apk to your firstick
where he picks android you will pick firestick and where he picks his D drive you need to pick where ever you have saved your apks usally C: drive and in downloads.
on your tv if your firestick is asking to confirm anything just accept it to start connection.

I think you clear the downloaded data in the archive.
Download the free-to-use apk of the app.
I often use free cinema hd apps, ogwhatsapp for entertainment.

I think you clear the downloaded data in the archive.
Download the free-to-use apk of the app.
I often use free cinema hd apps, ogwhatsapp for entertainment.
As the previous post is over a year old, are you replying to that or are you wanting help yourself ???

Back