Firestick 4k and NordVPN

Hi all
I live in Spain and have a firestick 4k which is great with my IPTV provider however I have an issue with ITV hub and C5 catch up I am using NordVPN however I cannot get either ITV or c5 to work despite my connection to the VPN for the UK
I have been in touch with Nord who gave me instruction on how to set up my smart TV which I have done and BBCi player and C4 catch up both work but the other two do not
I suspect my router a Huawei cannot be changed to allow the VPN to work so somehow ITV knows I am in Spain
Does anybody have any ideas on how to work around this, please

Thanks all Yes I followed all the advice from nord who told me that my router was not compatable, not usre what obfuscated is but will look it up thanks
I have also followed nords instruction to set up the whitelist for iptv4 but still does not work

Thanks all Yes I followed all the advice from nord who told me that my router was not compatable, not usre what obfuscated is but will look it up thanks
I have also followed nords instruction to set up the whitelist for iptv4 but still does not work
Obfuscated is an option that you can select within the NOrd Application(y)

Itv is most probably geo blocked, which means its detecting your using a uk vpn ip, what does it say when you load up itv with vpn turned on?

Edit... are you watching catchup on iptv or are you using the itv app?

Last edited:
Itv is most probably geo blocked, which means its detecting your using a uk vpn ip, what does it say when you load up itv with vpn turned on?

Edit... are you watching catchup on iptv or are you using the itv app?
I'm using the ITV Hub and all I get is the message oops something went wrong

Yes so basically itv is detecting your using UK VPN IP and its blocking you, try another VPN, as far as am aware, xpres vpn will work for this, but dont take that as gospel, I will check for you tho if you want?
Too be honest I was told that NordVPN would work but it really doesn't with my smart TV but I have a subscription with them for three years and I will not be taking out any other VPN subs but thank you for your kind offer. I just thought there was an easy work around available

Too be honest I was told that NordVPN would work but it really doesn't with my smart TV but I have a subscription with them for three years and I will not be taking out any other VPN subs but thank you for your kind offer. I just thought there was an easy work around available
Yeah these things do work mate but now and again the block kicks in, speak to nord and tell them there's a problem watching itv hub as your in Spain, they should know there's an issue and should be able to have a work around.

here is a solution I have found that has worked for me in the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark, to watch various geo blocked services from the UK,
try using the hotspot on your phone to get the initial link, once streaming has started you can pause, and go back to your normal internet,
for some reason it seems to only look at the connection for initial verification.
sometimes I have needed to use VPN on my phone, sometimes its been fine on the local network.
once it has linked up I have been able to use local internet without a VPN.

here is a solution I have found that has worked for me in the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark, to watch various geo blocked services from the UK,
try using the hotspot on your phone to get the initial link, once streaming has started you can pause, and go back to your normal internet,
for some reason it seems to only look at the connection for initial verification.
sometimes I have needed to use VPN on my phone, sometimes its been fine on the local network.
once it has linked up I have been able to use local internet without a VPN.
I am very sorry but hotspots? way beyond my understanding if I go into a portable hotspot I lose my internet connection and cannot access the internet anyway. I have never understood all the stuff about hotspots etc sorry. Somebody told me to connect with my WLAN what is that and where would I find it? I am a computer and modern technology numpty

Back