Firestick 4k asdl connect ethernet adapter help Sly Q Router

Morning,
I have adapter for my 4k stick and on virgin with external router
Its a simple connection and i am competent at these things.

But need advise,as my friend is with sky and has a modem/router thats nearly 9 year old, i've no clue on the asdl side of connections.
When she inserted adapter, it would not show as on ethernet, just wifi.
I assume due to current routers age, this is why?
Anyway i got her to blag new router which she has for free.
A Sky Q router is being sent to her.

She has same adapter as myself from ebay.
s-l1600.jpg

Does she simply connect the stick via Ethernet from adapter direct to one of two ports on the new router? or does it need to be a different way?Thank you kindly

You plug one end of ethanet into the connector the other end into your router the little c port goes into your stick and the other USB end into power supply and should connect

So it will work exactly the same connected the way, Lovely, Thank you for quick replies, I will give update when her new router arrives.
There is no other things she needs to do, just plug and play.
Best wishes

Its 4k bud, i made sure she got 4k as she upgraded it recently
I know adapters work perfectly on 2nd gen as my lads have one, so can rule out the adapter itself.
It was just with hers not showing Ethernet connected, i can assume its the olde router causing issue due to its age

In what, way wasn't showing ethanet connected I have sly q router and amazon's own ethanet adaptor but I did a mates other day, as mentioned he was on talk talk and detected it could it have been ethanet cable or did you try in different ethanet port on router here was a thread on forum where someone couldn't get ethanet adaptor to work!!!!

On her olde 9 year old router with sky, it would not show in settings on stick that its connected via ethernet as it does on my stick.
Her new sky Q router is en route to her, so just trying to make sure how to connect on sky router before hand as like i say i'm on virgin and its simple.
She tested ethernet cable as i advised her at the time and swapped it with other one that she knows does work, so ruled that out also.
And same with ports.
So only thing left was actual router, which will not be the best with its age,due to hardware and firmware, not being upto todays tech

Back