firestick 4k cant get audio from iptv from any hdmi port

emmerdale

Hi guys i have a firestick 4k with iptv on it when i put it into any of the hdmi ports on tv i get a picture but no audio i have used new hdmi cables i have made sure the are pushed in well my satellite box with hdmi and dvd both work fine on any port but not the stick any ideas guys. thanks

There is video but no sound ?

Make sure the TV audio is not muted.
If the Amazon Fire TV device is connected to an AV receiver, make sure it is on.
From the Home screen, go to Settings > DisplayAnd Sounds > Dolby Digital Output and make sureDolby Digital Plus is set toOFF.
Try a different HDMI cable between the device and the TV or, if unavailable, unplug and replug the HDMI cable

manual
Instruction manual for Amazon Fire TV Stick (Argos Product 392/9315)

Speak to your provider try BBC I player on firestick see if same if not would point to maybe a provider source issue

Thanks for your reply i have done all that still the same i am just wondering i think the stick is supposed to send a pulse or voltage to tv pictures there nut no audio
Thanks for your reply it cant be the provider because it works on my other tv in bedroom crazy
I'm assuming the stick is directly in the TV? and you have tried to stick it in other HDMI ports? if it works in other tvs you need to check all the settings on TV sound as it must be the TV settings!! Do you have any other device you can try!!

This happened with mine. I had to mess around with the audio cables on the TV, think I had to plug one end into the amp and one into the headphone socket of the TV

Back