Firestick Alternative

Alesupper

Hi

I am wanting to replace my slow clunky firestick with something a bit more powerful and with more flexibilty with regards to apps. Any recommendations welcomed.

Cheers, Stu

before dumping the stick, have you tried deleting unused apps and clearing cache?

Hi, no I haven't so I might give that a try. However, the other issue I have with it is that they have dropped the Eurosport Player App because they want to you to subscribe through amazon to watch Eurpsport. I already have a yearly subscription with Eurosport so all I want to do is install the app and use it. A 'normal' Android TV box will allow me to install the app from the Play store. Unless there is a way that I can do this on the Firestick?

Cheers.

ok, on the apk page, scroll down to about half way... the link is a green box.... ignore all the bull above it

Hmmm that isn't working. ADB went through the process and said it finished the install but the app doesn't appear on the stick, even after a restart.

that got further in that it opened and said there is a new version available but it would let me download the latest version and then closes. Do I need to jailbreak the stick?

Ok, cmerriman and I have had a chat about this and we both think that Amazon are stopping the Eurosport player App from running because they want to you to subscribe to their Eurosport package. For me this is a showstopper so back to play A:-

Can anyone recommend Android TV boxes? Are the MXQ's any good?

The mecool m8s pro is a great upgrade from the firestick. You can pick them up sometimes from gearbest for 30 quid. They support 4k and have 2gb raw and 16gb rom. Can my go work for what your looking for

i would spend a bit more and go for a 3Gb T95Z Plus box. I use it for my IPTv services together with Showbox, Kodi & catch-up and runs sweet. Buy it from Amazon for around £60 or cheaper but ensure it is the 3Gb RAM model.

danlou - thanks for you suggestion. I've looked these up on Amazon and they get good reviews generally, but there are a few people complaining that their boxes died soon after purchase. How long have you had yours? Have you had any issues? Cheers.

danlou - thanks for you suggestion. I've looked these up on Amazon and they get good reviews generally, but there are a few people complaining that their boxes died soon after purchase. How long have you had yours? Have you had any issues? Cheers.
I have had mine about 3 months and no issues whatsoever. As it's purchased from Amazon it's covered anyway so there's some assurance there in the event of any problems.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back