FIRESTICK & ANDROID definitive guild needed????

Gazzeg

Hi,

I can't seem to find a definitive guide on what to look for regarding KODI - SERVERS - FIRESTICK - ANDROID.

I want to setup 3 fire sticks for the house and read different information. Some say you need to have a VNP some don't.

There doesn't seem to be a guild like the other sections in the forum on a Step-by-Step guild on how to install KODI on a Firestick and whats needed.

Can anyone help please.

Thanks

Hey Gaz,

Once you have the firesticks it's relatively easy to set up. All you have to do is download ES file explorer and download kodi from a link it's not difficult and there's loads of tutorials on this with a quick google search.

You don't need a VPN. I would advise getting a RealDebrid account it's really cheap and ensures you get hd links with no buffering and one licence would do all instances of kodi in your home provided they're all on the same network.

If you're new to kodi I'd recommend installing a build such as top tutorials as they have a firestick edition that runs really well.

If you're after sport in hd then I'd recommend sportsmania great service for £50 a year all sport channels and on demand in hd.

Does that answer your question?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First thing i'd do is forget about the firesticks & get a proper android box, they are a lot better than the firesticks & you don't have to faff about trying to put things on there.

OK..

What would you recommend ..

Also then how and what KOBI package would you load on as I see there are a few but unsure whats the best.

Personally I'd go with the apps2fire method of side loading kodi.
With regards to what kodi build, I usually use pulse or wookie build.

Last edited:
For someone who is new to kodi recommending an android box you know for a fact they'll buy a terrible clone from eBay with mismatched hardware. At the price you're looking for unless you want to spend £60 you're gonna end up with a terrible experience. Get one firestick and make the decision for yourself.

On a side note the apps to fire involves using another device for ease of use doing it all on the firestick the ES file explorer is far easier.

You can make your own mind up but I spent quite a bit of time writing an exact reply to your question but listen to people who don't know as much as they think they do.

Good luck [emoji23]

Follow these Youtube videos

Install Kodi on to Your Amazon Fire TV Stick - NO COMPUTER NEEDED - Complete Step by Step Guide!!

THE BEST KODI BUILD OCTOBER 2016 ULTRA TT V2 8 - SUPER FAST KODI BUILD - ALL DEVICES!

For someone who is new to kodi recommending an android box you know for a fact they'll buy a terrible clone from eBay with mismatched hardware. At the price you're looking for unless you want to spend £60 you're gonna end up with a terrible experience. Get one firestick and make the decision for yourself.

On a side note the apps to fire involves using another device for ease of use doing it all on the firestick the ES file explorer is far easier.

You can make your own mind up but I spent quite a bit of time writing an exact reply to your question but listen to people who don't know as much as they think they do.

Good luck

I assume you were referring to my comment regarding the android box. I don't pretend to know everything, but i do know for a fact that for the price of a firestick you can get a decent android box (not a crappy one off ebay) & i also know for a fact that i have sold many android boxes & most of the people who bought them had previously bought a firestick & said they were crap, so drop the attitude.

I don't post here often but feel I have to stick up for the firestick (pardon the pun!) I have 3 of them with Kodi top tutorial build on them and must say I love, love, love them. I was away in a hotel for the weekend and brought it with me (sooooo portable) and was able to watch boxsets/movies on the hotel tv which is a very nice bonus.

I also have had a few different android boxes and find after time (a year or so) they end up not working because of firmware or whatever. I know I would recommend the firestick 20 times over the android boxes.

Hopes this helps.

I have a fire stick and it was well used for well over a year. Have setup many for friends and family too who are all happy with them.
Now I have a Sony 4k TV with android built in so the fire stick has been put in the bedroom.
The fire stick is more than capable of giving you a great experience just make sure you run the right build and you will be happy with the results

If you're using the firestick for Kodi then it doesn't really matter if the remote works on showbox or other unnecessary apps.

Kodi isnt that great takes ages to pick a movie then go through different links
Showbox your into the movie straight away
Cartoon hd and cinemabox work great as well
Uknowtv is bang on for all sky sports

Ive used android for years firestick lasted a few hours then got rid

Hi guys don't know if I'm in the right thread but l have a q box and have hyper TT build on it but on my settings main menue its stuck on skins menue and can't get out of it can anyone help I don't want to have to do a fresh start

I use hyper TT as well, great build. Sometimes when I click to change skin the options take ages to load so click and wait see what happens. Also you will have the top tutorials wizard installed with that build. If you don't want a fresh start you could install the build again which would be identical. Good luck.

I have had loads of different devices over the years android boxes, going back to TTBB Linux box ect, now have the firestick and the AFTV box.
I would say go with you pocket, boxes are easy to add to better wireless normally and straight out of the box no need to learn anything straight away, but to be honest haven't found one that I want to keep , saying that I have set a few fairly cheap ones up for people and they seem pleased with them.
Firestick or box, got both once set up don't really have a problem with them hence sticking with them, if you want extra apps, Mobro ect just download something like Kobra wizard onto your build it will install them with the click of a button.
Keep the skin light , look at the tutorials loads out there and you cant go wrong.
Might be worth putting SPMC on as the Kodi developer for android . Koyling has left so there might not be any further development for android unless somebody else picks it up.
He is the dev behind SPMC and has a AFTV so will be keeping abreast of that for the time being.
not the end of the world really loads of other ways to non android devices out there cheap.
quick summary go with what you can afford not a great deal of difference just what you feel comfortable with.

Back