Firestick - Expectations Too high?

Hi All
I have just taken out a sub for iptv. I am with a supplier I have been with for my cable line for a few years and very happy with the service, just wanted sports again. I was wondering if any of you could help with a few quick questions:

1 - I am finding the picture quality nowhere near as good as on the cable sub though, even on HD. Any hints as to whether this is because I am using an old Firestick (not 4k etc) or are my expectations too high?

2 - I have considered an android box, but want to stay under the £60 mark if I can. Any recommendations?

3 - Last one, how do I change to a new device? Is it as simple as replicating the MAC Address and downloading all software etc I am currently using or do I need to contact my supplier?

All ideas gratefully received.
Ta loads

In simple terms iptv won't come close to what we've had on card sharing if your using stb emu then say you got an android box all you would do is change your mac address on the box to the one that replicates your sub mate there are quite a few decent android boxes or the 4k firestick with ethanet adaptor mate

I purchased the 4k fire stick on prime day to give it a go, I had a droidbox but after trying the stick I got rid of the box, I think the spec is better on 4k madel

I was thinking of that option. Do you hard wire via the ethernet adaptor and does that make a huge difference?
Ta
I didn't I used the little gizmo extender that came with stick, my strength of signal is 50mbs and the stick registers 47mbps and with vpn London 40mbps , I did research the ethernet bit and there can be be problems but if you get problems lagging, glitches then I suppose it would be an option

Some use the ethanet adaptors which don't come supplied that gadget what does come with firestick is jut for if stick won't fit at back of TV or tight space I've never used the ethanet adaptors but will be good points and bad points like most devices

i got a couple of firestick 4k, i find iptv great on it. very responsive and reliable. Dont try and compare with a proper cable sub. IPTV isn't up to that standard yet. I use my cable sub for everyday viewing, on my VU+Duo 2. and firestick 4k IPTV for all the other stuff, ie 3pm footy etc. In my sons bedroom, i have a firestick 4k only and its more than adequate, cheaper than another box, and faffing about getting the cable into the bedroom. I bought a ethernet adapter but forgot to put it in, when i set it up, and didn't notice, it was that good picking up a wireless signal, i was well impressed. I'm going to put the Firestick 4k in all the bedrooms when the next offers come around. I even plugged it into the 4k projector, It's brilliant, makes the projector a smart projector. I can play everything on the projector now, without all the HDMI cables, like plex, IPTV, everything you can think of.

i got a couple of firestick 4k, i find iptv great on it. very responsive and reliable. Dont try and compare with a proper cable sub. IPTV isn't up to that standard yet. I use my cable sub for everyday viewing, on my VU+Duo 2. and firestick 4k IPTV for all the other stuff, ie 3pm footy etc. In my sons bedroom, i have a firestick 4k only and its more than adequate, cheaper than another box, and faffing about getting the cable into the bedroom. I bought a ethernet adapter but forgot to put it in, when i set it up, and didn't notice, it was that good picking up a wireless signal, i was well impressed. I'm going to put the Firestick 4k in all the bedrooms when the next offers come around. I even plugged it into the 4k projector, It's brilliant, makes the projector a smart projector. I can play everything on the projector now, without all the HDMI cables, like plex, IPTV, everything you can think of.
Cheers for that. Looks like an upgrade to Firestick 4k, got to say the set up is a doddle.
Cheers

I found that using the ethernet adapter slightly increased the network speed to the Fire - Wifi isn't infallible and there may be the occasional lost packet which might affect streaming apps. If you live in an area where a lot of houses are using WiFi and there is potential interference which could cause the WiFi to slow down then the ethernet adapter might be extremely useful.

Back