firestick issue.

narl

Hi all.

Ive bought a firestick all appears to be going well although the firestick seems to be dropping the WiFi connection quite a bit. I have to get the firestick to forget the connection and go from scratch again. The firestick can seem to find the WiFi on 5ghz but it can on 2ghz. The iPhone, laptop all connect using the 5ghz rang and remain connected all day.

The connection on the firestick will last anything between 2mins and 1/2/3 hours at max.

I’ve tried all the different channels but the connection still seems to drop.

I’m using a Linksys WRT3200ACM - flashes using the Dd-wrt software.

Is your firestick plugged into USB port on tv to power it or electrical socket if plugged in by USB port try it in electrical socket may not be enough power going to it

yeah it is plugged in to an electrical extension which has two USB ports available.

I’ve it connected through the 5g network WiFi. Connection just dropped. Changed the frequency band, still appears to be the same.

Last edited:
I have a 4k Firebox (not stick) and mine does this too. Even though it will connect it cannot maintain a connection and sometimes cannot detect 5ghz networks at all.

We have 4 firesticks in the house and at some point of all just randomly disconnected from our isp.
2 of them only work directly plugged in to the mains and they are all the same models with the same power leads and plugs. They are a decent cheap media centre but do have their flaws. I would certainly consider getting the ethernet adapter especially for the 4k fire TV.
I did notice today that a 4k firestick is now available not that will really help your situation.

Back