Firestick newbie questions

I have been using IPTV for a few years on a Zgemma H2s box, but have recently been persuaded to move to a Firestick and am still getting to grips to the new system and a new IPTV package.

One of my biggest problems is with the supplied EPG. For many sections there is no info about the current or later shows. ("TV Guide not found .. . . Make sure you have installed EPG on home screen." ) On the footie section for example, it shows a list of 10 matches that were played maybe a week ago so these are not being updated so you have to watch through each channel to find the game you want.

So my question is can I find an alternative EPG that will work with this package or are EPGs hardwired to the package. If I can get another EPG I woul love to hear recommendations and info on how to download and setup

I have been using IPTV for a few years on a Zgemma H2s box, but have recently been persuaded to move to a Firestick and am still getting to grips to the new system and a new IPTV package.

One of my biggest problems is with the supplied EPG. For many sections there is no info about the current or later shows. ("TV Guide not found .. . . Make sure you have installed EPG on home screen." ) On the footie section for example, it shows a list of 10 matches that were played maybe a week ago so these are not being updated so you have to watch through each channel to find the game you want.

So my question is can I find an alternative EPG that will work with this package or are EPGs hardwired to the package. If I can get another EPG I woul love to hear recommendations and info on how to download and setup
Have you tried refreshing your channel list to see if dead links remove as for epg that's solely down to your provider as its populating what he has.

Have you tried refreshing your channel list to see if dead links remove as for epg that's solely down to your provider as its populating what he has.
I Have (frequently) and each time it tells me to "preparing to install TV Guide for the first time.

Nope as its down to providers epg provided you don't usually get epg for say 3pm ect and some epg is hard to source

Best option is to get the contact details for whoever provides your iptv and message them asking why listings aren't updated regularly. I suspect it's just laziness on your providers part.

Nope as its down to providers epg provided you don't usually get epg for say 3pm ect and some epg is hard to source
Well thanks for that information. I have also been following another thread about the availability of subtitles on IPTV, and the answer was the same - it's down to the providers. So I guess I'll have to start searching for a new supplier who can provide both a workable EPG and subtitles, even though I'm only into the 2nd month of my contract. I'm open to suggestions if you have any, in the meantime thanks for your help:cry:

Most of them label the matches in the premireship or live events folder depends what they call it.

However there are generally loads more links on other channels

Most of them label the matches in the premireship or live events folder depends what they call it.

However there are generally loads more links on other channels
It's finding the match you want with a dodgy epg that's the main problem. I'm aware now of most of the sources but many of these only start broadcasting 5 min or so before kick off, so often a match is 10 min old before I can find a watchable version. Maybe now that I've been directed to Joe's match listing things will be better :laughing:(y)(y)

It's finding the match you want with a dodgy epg that's the main problem. I'm aware now of most of the sources but many of these only start broadcasting 5 min or so before kick off, so often a match is 10 min old before I can find a watchable version. Maybe now that I've been directed to Joe's match listing things will be better :laughing:(y)(y)
Dosnt your provider have a support group to post issues channel fixes new sources and where fixtures are posted and where to find them

Back