Firestick not working

channelking

Hi guys

My fire stick Is not working. Went to try it now but all I get is a black screen.

Try changing to different HDMI port but same black screen.

Any ideas what has caused this?

Concerned it's failed.

Hold down the Select button for 5 seconds to put the remoteinto pair mode. Hold down the Select + Play buttons together for 5 seconds to Restart the device. Restart the device: Settings > System > Restart, then once restarted unplug the power cable for 5 seconds then plug back in try that see what happens

I wouldn't use a firestick, there streaming prem games this season Amazon, get on android. Just my opinion. You get double the power for 40 quid without Amazon interfering

fire stick is plugged in HDMI powered by USB cable which goes into USB plug which powers it all up.

Black screen comes and gos it seems. When I change HDMI source to something else and go back to fire stick HDMI source goes black.

But when goes to amazon screen remote does not work at all. Tried steps here and on google but still doesnt work. Replaced batteries as well.

Very unusual.

this happend to me few days back, every time i put it on , home page would come on, but could do nowt with remote, used batteries from other remote laying around, still same thing, then got off my arse and went and got brand new batteries from pack, boom working a treat........seems they dont like used batteries..

fire stick is plugged in HDMI powered by USB cable which goes into USB plug which powers it all up.

Black screen comes and gos it seems. When I change HDMI source to something else and go back to fire stick HDMI source goes black.

But when goes to amazon screen remote does not work at all. Tried steps here and on google but still doesnt work. Replaced batteries as well.

Very unusual.
are you using the Amazon power connector

Not wishing to insult you,but what settings have you got for Display and Sound >HDMI CEC Control is it On or Off,in Display what is the Video Resolution set to ,and Equipment Control >On or Off,as what you're experiencing is unusual leading me to think it's something simple or your stick is duff,have you tried a factory reset by the way

Back