Firestick Speed using Ethernet cable

SM32

I need some advice. I purchased a Ugreen Gigabit ethernet connector + an OTG cable and can get the following speed on my Firestick

300Mb Download
200 Mb Upload
Ping 4.2ms

My wifi connection would usually be
450Mb download
450Mb Upload
Ping 6ms
Should i keep the wired connection? I am using a cat5e Ethernet cable.

Thanks

Wired connection probably will be more stable even if the speed is a bit lower. 300mbps is plenty for anything you need to do so I'd say stay wired.

I decided i better plug it in and see what happens , seems my usb port is not powerful as wont power firestick and wifi dont connect
Sony Bravia KD-55AG8 and cant see specs for usb ports to what they can power.
Usb 2.0

Last edited:
I decided i better plug it in and see what happens , seems my usb port is not powerful as wont power firestick and wifi dont connect
Sony Bravia KD-55AG8 and cant see specs for usb ports to what they can power.
Usb 2.0
Just use a normal USB adapter and lead from a socket

Will have to search for one and see if I need an extension for usb cable

Is a permanent feed okay as if tv was powered off it would switch off unit if using usb on tv ??

Will have to search for one and see if I need an extension for usb cable

Is a permanent feed okay as if tv was powered off it would switch off unit if using usb on tv ??
It doesn't matter if its permanent or not, if the tv's off you're not using the firestick.
If the tv is off and firestick still plugged in, it's not taking any power because there's nowhere for the firestick to send a picture to

It doesn't matter if its permanent or not, if the tv's off you're not using the firestick.
If the tv is off and firestick still plugged in, it's not taking any power because there's nowhere for the firestick to send a picture to
Sorry, that’s not correct. It will still use the data connection even if the TV is off. The firestick needs to be put in sleep mode to minimise power/data usage, so If you are streaming and you just turn the TV off it will carry on streaming as the power and data connection is still active. Obviously, if it’s powered from the TV it will turn off.

Fire TV Device Low Power Mode - Amazon Customer Service

Well things have changed there as cannot plug in firestick and the closest usb port is too close so things need to be moved.

I cannot switch off firestick and maybe to do with usb port and low power? Or needs setting up more before it can be switched off.

Well things have changed there as cannot plug in firestick and the closest usb port is too close so things need to be moved.

I cannot switch off firestick and maybe to do with usb port and low power? Or needs setting up more before it can be switched off.
you hold center and play button together and filestick will power down

And here is me thinking it was the power button to use , but not sure of buttons on Alexa remote as still getting on knowing what are

Back