Firestick VPN Speeds

NazoDoop

TK Veteran
On my zgemma with ipvanish i get a d/l of 66mb

On my firestick with ipvanish i only get a d/l of 33mb ( tried loads of servers )

Is this normal or should it be faster? Im guessing the processor on the Firestick isn't as fast as the zgemma

Are you on WiFi? That will always be slower than wired.

Correct, I knew it would impact but not by that much.

Tested on my phone, with VPN 68 and without VPN 68. So is the wifi poor on the firestick compared to other devices ?

Thanks DT

Last edited:
I guess it must be the Firestick then, I have never tested the speed on mine to be fair. Even with those speeds you should still be ok streaming though.

@NazoDoop I just tested my Firestick, it's a 1st gen but the WiFi speed is a lot lower than my phone in the same location and on the same connection. I know the 2nd gen is a better spec, but obviously they are no match for a dedicated box in terms of WiFi speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
@NazoDoop I just tested my Firestick, it's a 1st gen but the WiFi speed is a lot lower than my phone in the same location and on the same connection. I know the 2nd gen is a better spec, but obviously they are no match for a dedicated box in terms of WiFi speed.

Interesting.
On my PC which has an old dual core processor gets 75mb without the vpn and 12mb with the VPN !
I read somewhere that processor speed has something to do with it ?

@Nazadoop most isp providers tinker with speeds during peak times with everyone on the isp networks to stop it from crashing I got told that off a customer relations team member but doubt that has anything to do with it

@Nazadoop most isp providers tinker with speeds during peak times with everyone on the isp networks to stop it from crashing I got told that off a customer relations team member but doubt that has anything to do with it

I find me ISP is really stable, been with them 2 years never had an outage and sync 75mb all the time
VPN speeds in my experience seem to vary depending on the device used

Back