Firestick vs Android Box

Very interesting, the box is offered in both 2/16 and 4/32. It’s extremely backwards if google is limiting the RAM of 3rd party manufacturers
Just look at some of the certified boxes with the exception being the shield. All 2-16's in all them.

Unless your gaming 2gb ddr4 should be plenty just for IPTV apps

I have a mecool device at home that i bought my dad, he hated it as the lights on the front would just do what they wanted. You could not turn them off. I think its quite high speced. I have a 2017 nvidia shield and think it is brilliant. I use it every day as our main source of tv when watching vod.

Has anyone used a hako pro box. Have ordered one from aliexpress for about £35 purely for iptv and I think the thing that sets it apart from the millions of android boxes is that it’s got 4gb ram while also running certified android tv OS.
Never heard of it. When you get it, please let us know how it goes!

2 gig of ram is certinaly enough. Its only really to deal with the buffer and a few other things.

Best thing to do if you have one of these cheaper boxes don't overload with apps.

Did a bit of research last night and although I said I didn't want to spend more than 60 quid, I'm thinking about going for nVidia Sheild Pro or Amazon Cube. Read so many stories of people upgrading from firestick to shield and commenting on the improvement in quality. The firestick is currently 60 quid, adding on Ethernet adapter puts it up to 80. Adding the USB power adapter adds another 20 quid. The nVidia Shield is 190, which I realise is almost twice the price. The Cube is 140, which is a better price point.

My current TV bundle ends in December and ideally I would like to drop this and go internet only. I want to give IPTV the best shot at success and I feel going for one of these models would do this. Just need to try and decide which one to go for

I would go with the shield, faster and comes with better passthru e.g Dolby Atmos/True HD also the 4K upscaler... worth the investment IMO

Back