Fishing

Love going carp fishing not into pike fishing but both breeds do put up some good fights.
Pikes are powerful and can chew/snap your line within seconds I know of people who have caught pike and taken it home for tea ect fair play to him tho decent size.
They was some one in France last week who bagged bagged biggest catfish aswell.

Last edited:
Sometimes fishermen catch odd things.

Weird host of alien-looking sea creatures caught by fisherman in his trawler
Dont be eating your fish and chips while viewing that.
How did a picture of my ex girlfriend get there?

1_Screen-Shot-2021-07-22-at-134850.jpg

I remember catching a carp some years ago. When I got it out I was taking the hook out when I noticed something in its mouth,

It was a condom

Now the fish had either eaten it or some purvey sod caught the fish the slipped a conny on for a "Posh Nosh" and the fish got away dragging the Johnny with it

thats a fair ol pike in fairness id say he got some scrap
Ive been fishing 30 years and never landed a pike.
I've hit a few, got their heads out the water but never got one on the bank.
Last one about 8 years ago was about mid teens in weight, 14-16 lbs but it shook its head and sawn through the line with its teeth.
I was fishing for catfish so had no wire trace on.
Two small roach facing each other on a big hook with a small rattle so when they swam they were pushing each other backwards and the little rattle was making a noise.
Lost the entire rig and the pike.

Ive been fishing 30 years and never landed a pike.
I've hit a few, got their heads out the water but never got one on the bank.
Last one about 8 years ago was about mid teens in weight, 14-16 lbs but it shook its head and sawn through the line with its teeth.
I was fishing for catfish so had no wire trace on.
Two small roach facing each other on a big hook with a small rattle so when they swam they were pushing each other backwards and the little rattle was making a noise.
Lost the entire rig and the pike.
been fishing for over 40 years mostly for salmon and trout, biggest pike was 14 lb caught with smelt above inniscarra dam in cork

used to do a lot of fishing when younger
mainly Bream , ( threw them back)
Eels , lovely if fried properly, and got good money in the pub,
and Pike, there was always someone in the pub that would buy them, no idea why anyone would eat them tbh, yuk,,,,,
Pike usually came in about 7-10 pound,
Lower Bann in norn iron,

TOP TIP
NEVER EVER NEVER fry Eels in your own house, they stink, lol

We used to put ares in the oven in tinfoil
Eels. When they were done, the skin peeled back just like a banana. Nice to.
Tried pike.,to many bones... Paul

Back