Octagon SF8008 & 4:2:2 Feeds

Hello fellow satellite friends,

Looking at potentially purchasing this reciever to attach to my one metre motorised setup.

Main aim is to catch 4:2:2 feeds. How easy is it to set this box up to recieve 4:2:2 feeds and relay the feed to either a PC or iPad or iPhone?

I can not give full details on how to do this as Kodi is not my thing.

But some have had luck streaming from the tuner to kodi installed on the 8008

opkg install kodi-addon-pvr-vuplus

install pvr client

Personally if i was to try this id be streaming from the box to vlc on a PC

I can not give full details on how to do this as Kodi is not my thing.

But some have had luck streaming from the tuner to kodi installed on the 8008

opkg install kodi-addon-pvr-vuplus

install pvr client

Personally if i was to try this id be streaming from the box to vlc on a PC
Thanks for your valued input Ferret,

I'm not a big Kodi fan either. You can stream it to VLC from this receiver without issue?

Thanks for your valued input Ferret,

I'm not a big Kodi fan either. You can stream it to VLC from this receiver without issue?
Not done 4.2.2 feeds on the 8008 personally just 4.2.0 feed but the specs of the receiver are more than enough. Gigabit ethernet quad core cpu.

Your PC your streaming to will need to be decent.

Maybe google this and see what you find.

Perfect, my router has gigabit ethernet. My pc not so sure on but maybe worth a punt a play about with.

Do you have any advice for the image I should load out of the box?

Perfect, my router has gigabit ethernet. My pc not so sure on but maybe worth a punt a play about with.

Do you have any advice for the image I should load out of the box?
Matter of opinion i like the Openpli images as they come in basic form and i build it myself with the basics to run oscam-emu.

In my slots ive

Openpli
OpenATV
Teamblue.

Matter of opinion i like the Openpli images as they come in basic form and i build it myself with the basics to run oscam-emu.

In my slots ive

Openpli
OpenATV
Teamblue.
Thanks, I've no experience whatsover with Enigma 2 boxes so will be a case of learning as we go.

I have the SF8008. I had a bit of a dabble with this about a year and a half back.

The SF8008 was too weak to cope with 4:2:2 feeds using the internal kodi plug-in. Similar with the nvidia shield pro 2019, it was pretty pants. I had the best of luck with with the Apple TV 4K 2021 edition, although that dropped frames too. The 2022 Apple TV 4K should be better I assume.

There is the GT Combo which does 4:2:2 feeds straight out of the box, but even that is supposed to be quite weak to playback the high bitrate streams.

I have the SF8008. I had a bit of a dabble with this about a year and a half back.

The SF8008 was too weak to cope with 4:2:2 feeds using the internal kodi plug-in. Similar with the nvidia shield pro 2019, it was pretty pants. I had the best of luck with with the Apple TV 4K 2021 edition, although that dropped frames too. The 2022 Apple TV 4K should be better I assume.

There is the GT Combo which does 4:2:2 feeds straight out of the box, but even that is supposed to be quite weak to playback the high bitrate streams.
Did you try directly to a pc bud ?

Any luck ?

Did you try directly to a pc bud ?

Any luck ?
I just tried an old recording now and it's not great. However, I'm using the onboard Ryzen graphics instead of a dedicated GPU lol.

I'm interested in trying it with an M1/M2 mac given that the best luck I had so far was with the Apple TV - just need to buy one now lol.

I just tried an old recording now and it's not great. However, I'm using the onboard Ryzen graphics instead of a dedicated GPU lol.

I'm interested in trying it with an M1/M2 mac given that the best luck I had so far was with the Apple TV - just need to buy one now lol.
Yeah it needs a PC with some power, partly the reason i didnt even bother im also on a Ryzen with onboard.

I reckon the Octagon could do it with a powerful device to stream to.

Thanks Ferret & Drox for your input here.

I assume you add the biss on the receiver and then stream it over the network to the apple tv. (thats the bit I struggle with in my head lol)

I have a latest version of apple tv here but would be a bit of punt to purchase the 8008 for a trial an error.

There just seems to be so many football feeds moving towards 4:2:2

Only ever bothered with 4:2:2 a couple of times over the years.

Last time I tried it, I just opened the webif, found the channel in the list.

Then clicked the stream icon, which creates an m3u8 file to save on the desktop pc.

Then opened that m3u8 with vlc and it played fine (was a few years ago now though).

Thanks Ferret & Drox for your input here.

I assume you add the biss on the receiver and then stream it over the network to the apple tv. (thats the bit I struggle with in my head lol)

I have a latest version of apple tv here but would be a bit of punt to purchase the 8008 for a trial an error.

There just seems to be so many football feeds moving towards 4:2:2
You most likely be using Oscam-EMU so FTP in and edit the Softcam.key at etc/tuxbox/config save and restart Oscam.

Only ever bothered with 4:2:2 a couple of times over the years.

Last time I tried it, I just opened the webif, found the channel in the list.

Then clicked the stream icon, which creates an m3u8 file to save on the desktop pc.

Then opened that m3u8 with vlc and it played fine (was a few years ago now though).
what would the chance of trialling this out to see if you receive the same result. All Spanish football /champs league feeds at the moment seem to be 4:2:2

what would the chance of trialling this out to see if you receive the same result. All Spanish football /champs league feeds at the moment seem to be 4:2:2
I have no signal on any sat from 53e - 1.9e this time of year, except 28.2e (as it's on a 2nd dish).

Back