Five arrests in 'fully loaded' Kodi streaming box raids

Hold up guys!!!----We are all in the same boat--we are all classed as "pirates".
You have all purchased dodgy boxes and lines and all ripping off certain companies by not purchasing and using their so called legit services.
So why run those guys down when we are just as bad as them.Think that qualifies as "food for thought"
Reaper.

Because the people doing the fully loaded kodi boxes/sticks etc are going to kill kodi.
One of the best addon devs for kodi has recently jacked it in (lambda).
People like him create their addons for FREE and are expected to sit back and watch while these fully loaded rats are making money from their hard work.

He "packed it in" because he had to, he was using his addon to create a ddos botnet

Sent from my thor using Tapatalk

He "packed it in" because he had to, he was using his addon to create a ddos botnet

Not quite that black and white.
He added the 'malicous code' because he was sick and tired of people taking credit for and profiting from his work.
''As a result of recent incidents with an abusive box seller, lambda is retiring. His latest version of Exodus is verified to be clean''
Posted last week on twitter by tvaddons but since removed.

Your right, but I think we will see him again!!!

Although using everyone's computing power to launch an attack without their knowledge does implicate the end users who had no knowledge of this going on

Well yeah, i agree. It wasn't very nice but i can kind of understand his and others frustration.
The hours/days/weeks they put into building add-ons for free then to sit and watch while others profit from it must absolutely do their heads in,
I think what he did was more misguided than genuinely malicious though, borne out of frustration.

I agree totally, they are making something that is better than what's available to the consumer, it must be sickening seeing someone profit from your free creation

Hold up guys!!!----We are all in the same boat--we are all classed as "pirates".
You have all purchased dodgy boxes and lines and all ripping off certain companies by not purchasing and using their so called legit services.
So why run those guys down when we are just as bad as them.Think that qualifies as "food for thought"
Reaper.
Calm down, I am not running down anyone.... on either side that is. I can see what marcus is saying. They are capitalising on peoples ignorance or laziness, but ultimately, that's life..... and that's every walk of life. Your local garage will charge you £45 for a decent oil change (decent filter+decent oil) when I know full well it takes them about 10 minutes to do and the oil they use costs about £15 for 5 litres..... and that's Joe public prices INCLUDING VAT, knock off the VAT and we're down to about a tenner.

I really have no issue with those selling the boxes. You don't have to buy them, and the best thing to do is ensure your friends and family don't buy them.

Back