Flash expander or H9SD card manager for moving flash

goatie

hi folks
just got a H9 2H loaded with openatv 6.3 going to be used just for IPTV mostly VOD I use E2M3u to set up bouquets
is it better to use flash expander or H9SD card manager
if I use the sd card for the image is that all the card can be used for ? (can I put picons & epg as well ?)

sorry if these are silly questions but at my age the marbles are going fast

I tried the usb flash expander with that box and had trouble getting the usb 3 to recognise anything!! I expanded the flash with 8gb card .
There are instuctions on the web !! If you flash the box with openvix latest it's a lot easier to do as there no FTP with vix, just a simple procedure with card manager in vix section, I failed with openatv as the box would not recognise the putty commands.

hi folks
just got a H9 2H loaded with openatv 6.3 going to be used just for IPTV mostly VOD I use E2M3u to set up bouquets
is it better to use flash expander or H9SD card manager
if I use the sd card for the image is that all the card can be used for ? (can I put picons & epg as well ?)

sorry if these are silly questions but at my age the marbles are going fast
The card is for the flash only, if you allow anything else it will slow the box condsiderly and cause problems!! If you get away with using another usb for expanding the flash you will need a separate one for EPG recording etc!!

openatv 6.3 kept locking up on the logo for me,
so I re-flashed with openvix now works OK (only flash on the sd card)

Back