Flashing?

Are we allowed to discuss DVD Drive flashing of the beloved xbox 360?
I see theres a guide coming to PSP CFW so thought we could discuss XBOX CFW here too.

Also any help fixing ect

I've PM'ed HiTeck about both CFW for the PSP as well as flashing the Xbox/360. So, i'll get back to you about that soon.
That's why the CFW thread was labeled Coming Soon. :)

hopefully the 360 discussions will start pouring in. need something to keep myself busy!

i just took my xbox apart this morning to see what drive i have so hopefully this will be allowed to talk about as going through threads and vids elsewhere is giving me a headache, would be nice to be part of a new thread starting from scratch!

Are we allowed to discuss DVD Drive flashing of the beloved xbox 360?
I see theres a guide coming to PSP CFW so thought we could discuss XBOX CFW here too.

Also any help fixing ect

AFAIK you can discuss it but i need a mod or ht to confirm

AFAIK it's okay to discuss this here. Keep in mind, no piracy or links that promote any kind of copyright infringement.

nice one, homesick will be pleased i think :)
right, first question,
i found out my drive is a philips lite-on
my pc or lappy have no sata connection
i read that it could be possible to use a usb to sata through the laptop
or, get a pci card for pc with a sata connection
then there's the issue of chipset, does chipset really make that much of a difference or is it a compatability issue with the programs being used?

nice one, homesick will be pleased i think :)
right, first question,
i found out my drive is a philips lite-on
my pc or lappy have no sata connection
i read that it could be possible to use a usb to sata through the laptop
or, get a pci card for pc with a sata connection
then there's the issue of chipset, does chipset really make that much of a difference or is it a compatability issue with the programs being used?

You will need both sata and usb connection for the liteon drive, also a connectivity kit with the ck3 probe on the r707 point of the drive to obtain the key and ids.

There is allot of information on the liteon in the jungleflsher guide, but be warned if using the via chipset you will either need to remove the drivers or use dosflash once you have your keys.

Any problems, feel free to pm me

Forgot to mention if you have no sata the the via 6421 pci card is the choice, connects all 360 drives, found on ebay for about £10

Last edited:
You will need both sata and usb connection for the liteon drive, also a connectivity kit with the ck3 probe on the r707 point of the drive to obtain the key and ids.

There is allot of information on the liteon in the jungleflsher guide, but be warned if using the via chipset you will either need to remove the drivers or use dosflash once you have your keys.

Any problems, feel free to pm me

Forgot to mention if you have no sata the the via 6421 pci card is the choice, connects all 360 drives, found on ebay for about £10

couldn't have put it better. unfourtantlly the lite-on drive is the only drive I have not flashed yet. i would recommend using a desktop, with a via card. what everyone means about the chipset issue is some people have sata ports built right into their motherboard, so some people get away with out having to buy anything as far as connecting the xbox 360 drive to the pc is concerned. but it does not work for everyone, so the alternative is to buy the card that was metioned above. It fits right into your pci slot and costs about 10-15 USD.

nice one lads, ill get those parts and the connectivity kit and ill be back to ye then!

saw that homey, i think my stubby fingers will mess up soldering!
nice neat joints i have to say!
think a probe comes with the connectivity kit anyway?
there is another method i believe that only requires opening the xbox once to connect it and then all you have to do after that is connect it to your pc?
i cant remember what its called but would this be a better option to go for or is it just for certain type of drive do you know?

ah here it is xecuter blaster 360

Last edited:
saw that homey, i think my stubby fingers will mess up soldering!
nice neat joints i have to say!
think a probe comes with the connectivity kit anyway?
there is another method i believe that only requires opening the xbox once to connect it and then all you have to do after that is connect it to your pc?
i cant remember what its called but would this be a better option to go for or is it just for certain type of drive do you know?

ah here it is xecuter blaster 360

yes, but quite honestly the rate these firmwares are released, it is not worth it. i have only flashed my drive twice in like 2 years. to mean its worth the money in my pocket to just open the case again. plus i have heard of people having connectivity issues with them while using them.

UI have flashed a few of these drives recently, plus also others with my kit i boought, its very handy poece of kit.

If you need help and advice then contact me, as sometimes with jungleflasher you can get errors like keys showing bad and stuff.

Anyways i here if anyone needs help.

Back