ford focus 06 weird problems

took mine to auto electricains... he said he as seen my problem no end of time... he puts money on it being the ignition switch behind the barrel were the key goes.. he said he as had loads in with the same problems over the years... the dials go around because of a bad live or summat... he said alot of focus mk2 were recalled back when they came out with the issue. worth £20 for the part which he said is a piece of piss to fit

this is the part i removed all burnt up smelling of burnt plastic.... not sure what happened to it.... but the problem was still there the first few start ups then it went away not come back yet

Attachments

• 15233560_10211471966421576_270211317_o.jpg
    15233560_10211471966421576_270211317_o.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 38
went to start the car this morning and it was dead as a dodo................. new battery later 53 quid lighter.... hey presto its going better than ever............. took old battery to be drop tested and it was foooked.. garage said it is a original battery that would of come with the car.... no clicking/sticking rev counter needles, no struggling to start..... the garage checked it over alternator is working like it should, i have a good earth throughout the car as i was told i may not have a good earth to the engine. hey well at least its not cost me 400+ as just had the cam belt done to which cost me £240... cars may aswell just chuck my wages on the fire

Back