Formuler box and wifi setup

Borzio

Hi guys, help appreciated with this question, please:
I'm in a rented flat in Portugal and the included iptv is from a Formuler with Mytvonline. The iptv keeps freezing, slowing etc and is delivered via wifi. The flat owner said to use SD channels as that has least buffering, but lots of sports only have FHD or HD.
The wifi I think is the problem as the Formuler is connected to both the router and the tv via wifi. Whereas the Samsung tv Smarthub works great with Netflix etc, as The Smart tv is connected to the router via ethernet cable.
I've looked at the router and it only has one ethernet port....pathetic I know.....this is connected to the Smart tv.
Would it be better to connect the router via ethernet to the Formuler......then Formuler wifi to the tv?
Or
Router to Formuler by wifi, then Formuler to tv by ethernet cable?
Thanks for any advice.

Download a speed test and see what your speeds are. If they are less than 15mbps steady then fhd etc will cause alot of stuttering

Hi guys, help appreciated with this question, please:
I'm in a rented flat in Portugal and the included iptv is from a Formuler with Mytvonline. The iptv keeps freezing, slowing etc and is delivered via wifi. The flat owner said to use SD channels as that has least buffering, but lots of sports only have FHD or HD.
The wifi I think is the problem as the Formuler is connected to both the router and the tv via wifi. Whereas the Samsung tv Smarthub works great with Netflix etc, as The Smart tv is connected to the router via ethernet cable.
I've looked at the router and it only has one ethernet port....pathetic I know.....this is connected to the Smart tv.
Would it be better to connect the router via ethernet to the Formuler......then Formuler wifi to the tv?
Or
Router to Formuler by wifi, then Formuler to tv by ethernet cable?
Thanks for any advice.
I would put the formuler onto ethanet if was me as will get direct speeds from the router to your box and put the tv on Wi-Fi another alternative is if watching iptv put it on ethanet and vice Versa if wanting to watch Netflix and chill then put tv on ethanet it is messing around but better to have devices on ethanet if you have poor wifi

Could you not buy an ethernet switch and have around 5 or so ports and solve the problem instead of changing it constantly

I would put the formuler onto ethanet if was me as will get direct speeds from the router to your box and put the tv on Wi-Fi another alternative is if watching iptv put it on ethanet and vice Versa if wanting to watch Netflix and chill then put tv on ethanet it is messing around but better to have devices on ethanet if you have poor wifi
Thanks bazcfc1, could hardly watch first part of La Liga as it was so bad, so put Formuler on ethernet and it cleared up straight away, no further problem . Changed back for Netflix, so all now good. Many thanks

Could you not buy an ethernet switch and have around 5 or so ports and solve the problem instead of changing it constantly
Thanks jigger121, I'll tell the flat owner, and he can do it for future, will get one myself for hols if I ever have this problem again elsewhere.. cheers.

Thanks jigger121, I'll tell the flat owner, and he can do it for future, will get one myself for hols if I ever have this problem again elsewhere.. cheers.
They are around 15 quid for a cheap one should help if you've only one port

Back