Formuler CC

MasterXP

I purchased a Formuler CC Android box and wondering if it’s possible to flash it to allow me to connect to Norwegian freeview channels? It currently dosent have Norway as a choice for region when searching for channels on frequency.

I purchased a Formuler CC Android box and wondering if it’s possible to flash it to allow me to connect to Norwegian freeview channels? It currently dosent have Norway as a choice for region when searching for channels on frequency.
Freeview comes through a rooftop aerial, you're not going to get Norwegian channels unless you have a 500ft mast

I’m on a rig in Norway mate, but we wanted to connect to the onboard tv system so we can view Norwegian channels on the projector which dosent have aerial socket. So we purchased this thinking we could do it this way?

On my formuler I have an external tuner for freeview and works well, channels bit jumbled but it works so assume it would be the same in Norway

I’m on a rig in Norway mate, but we wanted to connect to the onboard tv system so we can view Norwegian channels on the projector which dosent have aerial socket. So we purchased this thinking we could do it this way?
Does the onboard tv system not have Norwegian channels?

Does the onboard tv system not have Norwegian channels?
Yeh mate so they have a tv system with Norwegian channels and have aerial sockets dotted around everywhere but we want to watch tv channels on a projector but it dosent have an aerial socket so we thought we could buy a freeview box and scan and channels and find the Norwegian ones from the system onboard and do it that way. Dosent have option to scan for Norway channels tho so it’ll be scanning the wrong frequency

On my formuler I have an external tuner for freeview and works well, channels bit jumbled but it works so assume it would be the same in Norway
Yeh we have the tv channels onboard the rig but need to scan Norwegian frequencies to pick them up.

Yeh we have the tv channels onboard the rig but need to scan Norwegian frequencies to pick them up.
I’m assuming by rig you mean you’re on an equinor rig in the North Sea.

Are you sure the dvb-t signal reaches there?

The TV channels may be reaching you through satellite etc. Plus I’m assuming the rig is old, so those coaxial sockets may have been used to redistribute analogue TV among in the 1990s etc.

I’m assuming by rig you mean you’re on an equinor rig in the North Sea.

Are you sure the dvb-t signal reaches there?

The TV channels may be reaching you through satellite etc. Plus I’m assuming the rig is old, so those coaxial sockets may have been used to redistribute analogue TV among in the 1990s etc.
Fellow Offshore worker I’m Guessing? 😂

No mate not equinor im on a semi submersible but we drilled for equinor a few year back.

Yeh the socket definitely works cause we hooked up a tv to the socket and it worked no problem. Rigs 15 years old but in our cabins we have them into the back of our TVs and get the channels so I thought we can do a scan on the Formuler and get the channels also?

Might be easier to get a fire stick type device and load it with Iptv. You should be able to plug that directly into the projector and connect to the onboard wifi. I know the uk managed rigs only have a small data allowance per man per day i think the Norwegian guys have unlimited access to wifi.

Yeh we have firesticks and also this box has iptv capabilities but when it’s bad weather and the wifi is dropping in and out then it’s always good to have back up in way of “normal” tv channels.

Yeh we have firesticks and also this box has iptv capabilities but when it’s bad weather and the wifi is dropping in and out then it’s always good to have back up in way of “normal” tv channels.
If you get bored you can always do a bit of work :LOL:

when selecting uk on DVB T SCAN it says signal 100% but still dosent find any channels 🤦‍♂️

Attachments

• 155873B4-79CC-4D0F-93B7-8502F03E75F0.jpeg
    155873B4-79CC-4D0F-93B7-8502F03E75F0.jpeg
    932 KB · Views: 21
Signal will mean you have a good wire lol. Quality is zero which means you’re not getting any reception.

How far from the coast are you?

The terrestrial signal will not reach that far, its like trying to get BBC1 Scotland in Manchester.
The rig must be getting the channels via a satellite signal, failing that, they're streaming them.
Yeh it’s think it’s through satellite which is then sent to all the aerial ports in the cabins via the push aerial cables. I thought hooking up a dvb-t box would find this channels from the system?

Yeh it’s think it’s through satellite which is then sent to all the aerial ports in the cabins via the push aerial cables. I thought hooking up a dvb-t box would find this channels from the system?
Not possible I don't think, the dvb/t tuner scans frequencies for channels, there are no frequencies to scan. The outlets in the cabins are all connected to one dvb/s tuner somewhere on the rig via splitters

Back