Formuler Z11 Pro Max

I think you can but its not as good.my supplier gives me HDO box app which is pretty good you get no adverts click and watch for content not on VOD.

Hi everyone,

Recently discovered that there’s an extensive selection of devices out there to be used for IPTV that aren’t fire sticks! I think I’ve decided to get a Z11 Pro Max but I was wondering if anyone is able to answer a couple of questions? I have searched the forum but can’t find a definitive answer.

Firstly, I’ve heard that mytvonline3 is one of the best players out there. I currently use TiviMate which is currently a good experience on my fire stick 4k max. What is it about mytvonline3 that puts it above tivimate?

And also, I use Stremio for films and series at the moment. Has anyone had experience running this on a Z11 Pro Max and would you say it’s considerably better than a fire stick? I guess I’m just trying to justify the amount of money required to get hold of a new device!

Cheers!
To provide an update on my original questions…

I pulled the trigger on a Z11 Pro Max and my god.. it’s so so much better than the firestick I was used to. Lightning fast and no bloat which is so so nice and making me contemplate replacing the other two (don’t tell the wife).

MyTvOnline3 - a really nice app and works really well. My only gripe is that the customisation I’m used to with Tivimate just doesn’t exist on MOL3. I like to remove channel numbers from the EPG and have “2 row” descriptions which isn’t possible. While I wouldn’t put Tivimate on a Formuler box, I would probably say it just about edges it for me and is still the go to on my firesticks.

Stremio - Runs like a dream. Very much the same experience apart from how well the Z11 can play 4K content. The buffering I used to get on firestick seemed to be down to the device and not my internet connection.

So overall, if anyone is thinking about getting one I would say you won’t regret it. I wish I did it sooner!

I pulled the trigger on a Z11 Pro Max and my god.. it’s so so much better than the firestick I was used to. Lightning fast and no bloat which is so so nice and making me contemplate replacing the other two (don’t tell the wife).

MyTvOnline3 - a really nice app and works really well. My only gripe is that the customisation I’m used to with Tivimate just doesn’t exist on MOL3. I like to remove channel numbers from the EPG and have “2 row” descriptions which isn’t possible. While I wouldn’t put Tivimate on a Formuler box, I would probably say it just about edges it for me and is still the go to on my firesticks.

Stremio - Runs like a dream. Very much the same experience apart from how well the Z11 can play 4K content. The buffering I used to get on firestick seemed to be down to the device and not my internet connection.

So overall, if anyone is thinking about getting one I would say you won’t regret it. I wish I did it sooner!
You get what you pay for and in most cases the more you pay the device will have better performance.

You get what you pay for and in most cases the more you pay the device will have better performance.
Agreed. Firestick was dipping my toe into the world of IPTV but now I’m all in.

Now… how do I explain to the wife that I need two more.. 😂

Agreed. Firestick was dipping my toe into the world of IPTV but now I’m all in.

Now… how do I explain to the wife that I need two more.. 😂
Tell her Amazon are going to start prosecute people who are using their devices for IPTV. 😆

Thanks for the update! Did you follow any particular guide to setup stremio on the formuler and use any paid services? I've downloaded it onto the z11 pro now and going to give it a try since everyone is raving about it.

Thanks for the update! Did you follow any particular guide to setup stremio on the formuler and use any paid services? I've downloaded it onto the z11 pro now and going to give it a try since everyone is raving about it.

Stremio + Torrentio + Debrid: A How-To Guide​

Guide

Stremio: the All-in-One Insanely-Affordable Streaming Service

What is Stremio?
Stremio, on its surface, is a simple media player and aggregator. When combined with the right addons and a debrid service though, it becomes my favorite on-demand video streamer currently in existence. Following this guide, you'll have a simple yet aesthetically pleasing app that will combine Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, HBO Max, Amazon Prime, Apple TV+, and so much more all in one unified app.
Stremio itself is free to download and use, though the debrid part of this service costs a nominal monthly fee (about USD2.60/month, more details below).
Stremio can be used on Android mobile, Android TV, Fire devices (needs sideloading not covered here), PC, Mac, and Linux. It is possible to use it on iOS, though some workarounds are needed (not covered here).
You can also use Stremio without installing any application from your browser at web.stremio.com.

Head to stremio.com, sign up for a free account, and download the software. I recommend doing this guide from PC/Mac/Linux, though any device should work with the exception of web.stremio.com -- that cannot manage external addons, which we'll need later.
Once you have Stremio installed, opened, and you're logged in, navigate to your installed addons found in the top right (it looks like a puzzle icon) and then click on My Addons.
Uninstall anything it may have came with, with the exception of the following:
  • Cinemeta- built in, can't uninstall, shows the following homepage categories: Movies Popular, Series Popular, Featured Movies, & Featured Series
  • OpenSubtitles- built in, can't uninstall, downloads subtitles
  • Local Files - built in, can't uninstall

The real magic behind making this work is a debrid service. If you're curious to learn the details of what debrid is & how it works, here's a fantastic guide.
There are a number of debrid services, but my personal favorite for its stability, number of sources, speed, and longevity is Real-Debrid (RD for short). It's also extremely affordable. Plans are about USD4.00 for a month, but 6 month plans can be purchased for ~USD2.60/month. You can pay directly with credit card or crypto.

If you'd like to support me, you can sign up for Real-Debrid with my referral link.

Once you've created an account, click Premium Offers on the top menu bar and choose the plan that's right for you.
When you buy an RD plan, you get fidelity points. When you get 1,000 fidelity points, you can redeem them for 30 free days. For example, when you purchase two 6 month plans, you'll net you 1,400 fidelity points. This means that every year you get 1 month free with 400 fidelity points leftover.
Be sure to mark in your calendar for your RD expiration date. They don’t send emails or notices.
Once we're all set up with RD premium, lets return to Stremio to install our addons. We'll install 2 addons and then we're ready for frictionless streaming!

Installing Torrentio: Stremio's Link Aggregator
Torrentio is the true powerhouse behind Stremio and it's what populates the links we need to stream. To begin, head over to Torrentio's config page to manage the addon.
Torrentio has a lot of options and it can be overwhelming at first. Below I've listed my recommendations and my personal configuration:
  • Providers: I have them all checked.
  • Sorting: By quality then size
  • Priority foreign language: Torrentio defaults to pulling English audio content regardless of origin source, so only change this if you prefer another language to display first.
  • Exclude qualities: If checked, the quality types selected will be excluded and suppressed from your search results. I only exclude screener and cam sources, therefore the only boxes I have checked are screener and cam. If you have slower internet, you may want to exclude 4K sources.
  • Max results per quality: I leave this blank.
  • Debrid provider: Choose Real-Debrid.
  • RealDebrid API Key: Click find it here. This will link to RD displaying your API key. Copy that and paste it into Torrentio.
  • Debrid options: I check the first two options and leave the third option unchecked.
Now we're done configuring Torrentio. The next step is to click install. Doing so should automatically open Stremio prompting you to install once again.
If all went well, then congrats, you can now populate links for endless streaming! Technically, you could leave it here and be done with the guide, but we're going to install one more addon to populate popular and new results from the major streaming services.
Note: It is possible to use Stremio + Torrentio without a debrid service completely for free. Torrentio without debrid, as its name implies, streams torrents directly. Torrentio with debrid streams cached torrents via HTTPS and does not need a VPN. The experience IMO is far superior with a debrid service

Last edited:

Stremio + Torrentio + Debrid: A How-To Guide​

Guide

Stremio: the All-in-One Insanely-Affordable Streaming Service

What is Stremio?
Stremio, on its surface, is a simple media player and aggregator. When combined with the right addons and a debrid service though, it becomes my favorite on-demand video streamer currently in existence. Following this guide, you'll have a simple yet aesthetically pleasing app that will combine Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, HBO Max, Amazon Prime, Apple TV+, and so much more all in one unified app.
Stremio itself is free to download and use, though the debrid part of this service costs a nominal monthly fee (about USD2.60/month, more details below).
Stremio can be used on Android mobile, Android TV, Fire devices (needs sideloading not covered here), PC, Mac, and Linux. It is possible to use it on iOS, though some workarounds are needed (not covered here).
You can also use Stremio without installing any application from your browser at web.stremio.com.

Head to stremio.com, sign up for a free account, and download the software. I recommend doing this guide from PC/Mac/Linux, though any device should work with the exception of web.stremio.com -- that cannot manage external addons, which we'll need later.
Once you have Stremio installed, opened, and you're logged in, navigate to your installed addons found in the top right (it looks like a puzzle icon) and then click on My Addons.
Uninstall anything it may have came with, with the exception of the following:
  • Cinemeta- built in, can't uninstall, shows the following homepage categories: Movies Popular, Series Popular, Featured Movies, & Featured Series
  • OpenSubtitles- built in, can't uninstall, downloads subtitles
  • Local Files - built in, can't uninstall

The real magic behind making this work is a debrid service. If you're curious to learn the details of what debrid is & how it works, here's a fantastic guide.
There are a number of debrid services, but my personal favorite for its stability, number of sources, speed, and longevity is Real-Debrid (RD for short). It's also extremely affordable. Plans are about USD4.00 for a month, but 6 month plans can be purchased for ~USD2.60/month. You can pay directly with credit card or crypto.

If you'd like to support me, you can sign up for Real-Debrid with my referral link.

Once you've created an account, click Premium Offers on the top menu bar and choose the plan that's right for you.
When you buy an RD plan, you get fidelity points. When you get 1,000 fidelity points, you can redeem them for 30 free days. For example, when you purchase two 6 month plans, you'll net you 1,400 fidelity points. This means that every year you get 1 month free with 400 fidelity points leftover.
Be sure to mark in your calendar for your RD expiration date. They don’t send emails or notices.
Once we're all set up with RD premium, lets return to Stremio to install our addons. We'll install 2 addons and then we're ready for frictionless streaming!

Installing Torrentio: Stremio's Link Aggregator
Torrentio is the true powerhouse behind Stremio and it's what populates the links we need to stream. To begin, head over to Torrentio's config page to manage the addon.
Torrentio has a lot of options and it can be overwhelming at first. Below I've listed my recommendations and my personal configuration:
  • Providers: I have them all checked.
  • Sorting: By quality then size
  • Priority foreign language: Torrentio defaults to pulling English audio content regardless of origin source, so only change this if you prefer another language to display first.
  • Exclude qualities: If checked, the quality types selected will be excluded and suppressed from your search results. I only exclude screener and cam sources, therefore the only boxes I have checked are screener and cam. If you have slower internet, you may want to exclude 4K sources.
  • Max results per quality: I leave this blank.
  • Debrid provider: Choose Real-Debrid.
  • RealDebrid API Key: Click find it here. This will link to RD displaying your API key. Copy that and paste it into Torrentio.
  • Debrid options: I check the first two options and leave the third option unchecked.
Now we're done configuring Torrentio. The next step is to click install. Doing so should automatically open Stremio prompting you to install once again.
If all went well, then congrats, you can now populate links for endless streaming! Technically, you could leave it here and be done with the guide, but we're going to install one more addon to populate popular and new results from the major streaming services.
Note: It is possible to use Stremio + Torrentio without a debrid service completely for free. Torrentio without debrid, as its name implies, streams torrents directly. Torrentio with debrid streams cached torrents via HTTPS and does not need a VPN. The experience IMO is far superior with a debrid service
Basically this. I’ve been a user of Stremio for quite a while now. There are other options called Syncler and Weyd but they are paid. Personally I think Stremio is better but it’s all down to personal preference. Get yourself Real-Debrid and you’re good to go.

Basically this. I’ve been a user of Stremio for quite a while now. There are other options called Syncler and Weyd but they are paid. Personally I think Stremio is better but it’s all down to personal preference. Get yourself Real-Debrid and you’re good to go.
Why do you prefer Stremio over Syncler and Weyd?
What issues did you have?

Why do you prefer Stremio over Syncler and Weyd?
What issues did you have?
A few reasons:

- Ability to use the same login on any device and it’s already set up for you. Only need to set it up once.

- I prefer the layout of it. I’d like better Trakt integration but I can live without that.

- I can adjust my in-laws Stremio account from my laptop at home if they get any issues with add ons etc.

Syncler is nice but it takes too long to load the sources and Weyd is also nice but I think it looks a bit plain for me.

Stremio > Weyd > Syncler for me but of course it’s all subjective.

A few reasons:

- Ability to use the same login on any device and it’s already set up for you. Only need to set it up once.

- I prefer the layout of it. I’d like better Trakt integration but I can live without that.

- I can adjust my in-laws Stremio account from my laptop at home if they get any issues with add ons etc.

Syncler is nice but it takes too long to load the sources and Weyd is also nice but I think it looks a bit plain for me.

Stremio > Weyd > Syncler for me but of course it’s all subjective.
I use the same login as well on Syncler and Weyd to login to other devices. Also the backup facility on both saves all your setup and settings and can be transferred to a new device.

I personally prefer the customisation that can be achieved on the layout on Syncler and Weyd.
The Trakt integration is great on Syncler and Weyd with ability to have custom Trakt lists and also the calendar in Weyd.
The Trakt integration on Stremio is not great imo.
But not important for some.
Weyd is just as quick as Stremio at finding sources.

The ability to be able to adjust Stremio remotely for users is a nice feature.

I am using the Beta version of Syncler. It has got quicker at loading sources but it is slower because it searches more providers and has a bigger selection of sources and will also find older content that Stremio may not find or only have SD sources available.

Syncler for Movies.
Weyd for TV series.
Tested Stremio but lacks the customisation and tracked integration of the other two.
But like you say, it’s all subjective.

A much better remote exprience on the Formuler or buzz boxes when it come to controling the inbuilt IPTV app on both those device.

I do run Tivimate and Implayer on devices without an inbuilt IPTV app.
I have to agree with Ferret, the Pro Max is more user friendly, my tv online3 is a great app for iptv.

Back