Formuler Z8 Loosing Date & Time

Hi everyone, I was hoping to get some advice on what set up to use for the perfect IPTV.

I've recently just bought the LG G3 and I just want to get the right set up to maximise the TV and also run a smooth, UHD sports channels but I have no idea what i'm doing so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My current set up;
ISP is Vodafone, wireless. Download is roughly 56mbps and upload around 19mbps
Currently using Formula Z8 Pro

I've really been leaning towards getting the Shield Pro and i'm trying to find a provider in the request forum as my Formula Z8 is really, really glitchy. A lot of the time when I turn it on the date and time is wrong. Always says the internet disconnects and streams are horrible.

Any advice would be amazing, thank you.

The Fomuler Z8 always worked fine for me, it been glitchy wont be the box. Date and time been wrong is possibly down to how your router hub whatever sees it or doesn't when you switch it on. Leave it in standby and you wont face that issue.

Shields are good but an overkill and expensive for IPTV. Your new G3 Tv is all singing all dancing so upscaling on the Shield is irrelevant. But go for it if you have cash burning a whole in your pocket.

The Fomuler Z8 always worked fine for me, it been glitchy wont be the box. Date and time been wrong is possibly down to how your router hub whatever sees it or doesn't when you switch it on. Leave it in standby and you wont face that issue.

Shields are good but an overkill and expensive for IPTV. Your new G3 Tv is all singing all dancing so upscaling on the Shield is irrelevant. But go for it if you have cash burning a whole in your pocket.
Hi, thank you for the advice.

Do you mind giving me more information about how to fix the router hub issue?

I'd rather be able to fix the issue at hand than having to pay for a new box and not fixing anything

Hi, thank you for the advice.

Do you mind giving me more information about how to fix the router hub issue?

I'd rather be able to fix the issue at hand than having to pay for a new box and not fixing anything
What router hub equipment do you have ?

Are you powering the Z8 down completely or putting it in Standby ?

Is the Z8 hardwired or are you using Wifi ?

I'm really new to this and as much as I hate to admit it, I am no tech savvy at all so I will try to answer your questions as best as possible.

- Router hub - ISP Vodafone, Model THG3000
- Z8 power - You might tell me off here but I just finish watching TV, turn off the TV and the next day the Z8 is 'off' with a red dot and I press the on switch again (It doesn't always turn on with the wrong date and time, but it does quite often and then I have to re login to MYTV)
- The Z8 is currently on Wifi, it's a floor about the router but I have just got off the phone to my ISP and ordered a router booster and will be plugging in an ethernet cable.

As you can see, I am a novice in this world. I'm just trying to learn how to get the right set up that will be consistent, and will be able to watch UHD/4K sport, TV and movies.

I really appreciate your time and any advice

I'm really new to this and as much as I hate to admit it, I am no tech savvy at all so I will try to answer your questions as best as possible.

- Router hub - ISP Vodafone, Model THG3000
- Z8 power - You might tell me off here but I just finish watching TV, turn off the TV and the next day the Z8 is 'off' with a red dot and I press the on switch again (It doesn't always turn on with the wrong date and time, but it does quite often and then I have to re login to MYTV)
- The Z8 is currently on Wifi, it's a floor about the router but I have just got off the phone to my ISP and ordered a router booster and will be plugging in an ethernet cable.

As you can see, I am a novice in this world. I'm just trying to learn how to get the right set up that will be consistent, and will be able to watch UHD/4K sport, TV and movies.

I really appreciate your time and any advice
No internal battery in most Android boxes, it gets its date and time from the router hub its connected to.

If the Z8 is switched of at the wall socket it will loose its date and time but should get it back as the router gives it an IP on booting, just put it and standby and see if the problem improves. If not then its been disconnected by the THG3000. If possible hard wiring it to the THG3000 will give more clues to the problem if it keeps date and time hardwired. Never used TGH3000 so hard to say what setting to check there.

I've never actually switched off the Z8 from the wall socket. I just turn off the TV screen from the remote.

I think i'm going to have to wait for the booster to arrive, connect an ethernet cable and see if the issues still happens. If so, I hope you don't mind me coming back to you. I really do appreciate your time.

I've never actually switched off the Z8 from the wall socket. I just turn off the TV screen from the remote.

I think i'm going to have to wait for the booster to arrive, connect an ethernet cable and see if the issues still happens. If so, I hope you don't mind me coming back to you. I really do appreciate your time.
Had a Z8 for a couple of years hardwired it never lost time and date.

I can not remember if there was additional settings i made on the Z8 under network and now longer have it to check so have a look what options are there.

Hi everyone, I was hoping to get some advice on what set up to use for the perfect IPTV.

I've recently just bought the LG G3 and I just want to get the right set up to maximise the TV and also run a smooth, UHD sports channels but I have no idea what i'm doing so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My current set up;
ISP is Vodafone, wireless. Download is roughly 56mbps and upload around 19mbps
Currently using Formula Z8 Pro

I've really been leaning towards getting the Shield Pro and i'm trying to find a provider in the request forum as my Formula Z8 is really, really glitchy. A lot of the time when I turn it on the date and time is wrong. Always says the internet disconnects and streams are horrible.

Any advice would be amazing, thank you.
I don't have a Z8 therefore my advice might not be too accurate. However, I'd suggest to try the following ......
Go into settings on Z8 and click on Apps, find Mytvonline and clear cache and return to home screen and then power down Z8 (off). Unplug the Z8 from the wall socket.

Router .... unplug from wall socket and leave switched off for 10 minutes. Plug Router back into wall socket and allow the router to fully boot up. Plug Z8 back into wall socket and allow to fully reboot.

Sometimes its just a matter of rebooting devices etc.

Let us know how you get on.

I don't have a Z8 therefore my advice might not be too accurate. However, I'd suggest to try the following ......
Go into settings on Z8 and click on Apps, find Mytvonline and clear cache and return to home screen and then power down Z8 (off). Unplug the Z8 from the wall socket.

Router .... unplug from wall socket and leave switched off for 10 minutes. Plug Router back into wall socket and allow the router to fully boot up. Plug Z8 back into wall socket and allow to fully reboot.

Sometimes its just a matter of rebooting devices etc.

Let us know how you get on.
I will give the next time it happens, thank you.

Back